Job offersmore »
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance (QA) Manager - Australia
- Avez-vous une passion pour l’agriculture et pour l’Afrique? Si c’est le cas, lisez la suite!
- Category Manager – Avocado & Mango Australia
- International Buyer exotics (Spanish speaking) - Netherlands
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (438)
- US (FL): Bromeliad expert about hybridyzing bromeliads (1)
- India: "High potential for orchid cultivation in Odisha" (1)
- "Fight against thrips is not only won above ground" (1)
- Cyberflora marks new era in digital trade fairs (1)
- Canada: Propagator Bevo Farms now offering Sedum Tiles (1)
- Kenya: Senate probes working conditions on flower farms (1)
- Weight, drain and real time plant activity analysis become grower's sixth sense (1)
- Terra Nova offers sneak peek of 'peacock tail' begonia (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
€ 142 million
Record Valentine's turnover for Royal FloraHollandIn the last full week before Valentine's Day, the turnover was € 142 million. This is the highest turnover ever recorded in the history of Royal FloraHolland.
FloraMondo also realised a new turnover record. In week 6 almost €6 million were traded via FloraMondo. Valentine's Day is more a flower event than a plant event. The flower turnover was almost €100 million, the highest ever turnover for flowers in one week. Turnover grew by 9% compared with week 6 in 2016. The number of items declined by 5%, while the average price rose by 15%.
300 million stems
Of the total supply of 300 million stems of cut flowers in this week, one-third consisted of roses, one-third of tulips and one-third for the rest of the assortment. The supply of tulips and roses was under pressure: the supply of roses decreased by 8%, the supply of tulips by 11%. The majority of the roses came from abroad, only 20% of the total supply of roses came from the Netherlands.
Growth in turnover of houseplants 11%
For houseplants, the growth was derived more from the quantity of items. The supply increased by 7%, and the average price rose by 4%. It became evident from the proportion of supply of the different products that plants are not as important gifts on Valentine's Day. The supply of pot roses increased by 10%, while the number of Kalanchoë - not really a Valentine's Day plant - rose by 43% and thus showed the greatest increase.
Source: Royal FloraHolland
Publication date: 2/17/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.