Job offersmore »
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
- Floriculture Sales and Marketing Professional
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (450)
- In 2016 we visited 26 trade shows and shot 5,054 pictures! (1)
- Kenyan rose production falls short of international demand (2)
- China gets slap on the wrist for illegal copying Dutch varieties (1)
- US: Growers respond to GM petunia news (1)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (1)
- Veiling Rhein-Maas expands Premium Quality label to lilies (3)
- US (FL): Bromeliad expert about hybridyzing bromeliads (1)
- India: "High potential for orchid cultivation in Odisha" (1)
- "Fight against thrips is not only won above ground" (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
€ 142 million
Record Valentine's turnover for Royal FloraHollandIn the last full week before Valentine's Day, the turnover was € 142 million. This is the highest turnover ever recorded in the history of Royal FloraHolland.
FloraMondo also realised a new turnover record. In week 6 almost €6 million were traded via FloraMondo. Valentine's Day is more a flower event than a plant event. The flower turnover was almost €100 million, the highest ever turnover for flowers in one week. Turnover grew by 9% compared with week 6 in 2016. The number of items declined by 5%, while the average price rose by 15%.
300 million stems
Of the total supply of 300 million stems of cut flowers in this week, one-third consisted of roses, one-third of tulips and one-third for the rest of the assortment. The supply of tulips and roses was under pressure: the supply of roses decreased by 8%, the supply of tulips by 11%. The majority of the roses came from abroad, only 20% of the total supply of roses came from the Netherlands.
Growth in turnover of houseplants 11%
For houseplants, the growth was derived more from the quantity of items. The supply increased by 7%, and the average price rose by 4%. It became evident from the proportion of supply of the different products that plants are not as important gifts on Valentine's Day. The supply of pot roses increased by 10%, while the number of Kalanchoë - not really a Valentine's Day plant - rose by 43% and thus showed the greatest increase.
Source: Royal FloraHolland
Publication date: 2/17/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.