Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (950)
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (2)
- Danish greens grower expands with first own bred peperomias (1)
- Export stop Australia as of March 1 2018 (1)
- Colombia, Kenya and China: What's their recipe for success? (1)
- "Proven Winners is just getting started" (1)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (25)
- Market reports: solid research or wild guesses? (4)
- US: AFE educational grant applications due June 1 (3)
- Mother’s Day means Money Day for UK florists (2)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Cyberflora: May 24 to 26, 2017
Colombia launches virtual ornamental trade showA virtual trade show? Yes, from May 24 to 26 2017, Colombian ornamental growers will come together with buyers by logging onto Cyberflora. "It is the world’s first virtual ornamental trade show", says Jairo Cadavid, President of Colviveros. With a group of growers and cargo agencies, he got together to drive a trade-show platform run on connectivity arrays currently driving international business and social media.
"We are aiming at transcending and revolutionizing traditional international ornamental-product trade. Cyberflora is a new Social Business experience, based on existing interconnectivity systems, which will offer both exhibitors and international buyers the opportunity to promote and learn about new products, trends and services throughout Colombia's ornamental-product chain. They will be able to interact and generate effective business contacts in real-time, from a smartphone, a computer or a tablet", says Cadavid.
According to Cadavid, Cyberflora will be the world’s very first ornamental-product trade show where both exhibitors and buyers will be able to keep up their daily routine in any part of the world. "They will just need to click-register to become an Avatar Attendee at Cyberflora's virtual trade show. No traveling and a full load of high-tech communication bells and whistles to boot."
Cyberflora’s organizers have also joined forces with international organizations, especially Florint, one of the most important florist organizations worldwide. "Far beyond just generating contacts and stimulating international buyer participation at Cyberflora, we really want key-market florists, who would otherwise be unable to make it to Colombia to visit farms to be part of an origin trade show, get a good look at Colombian ornamental and foliage portfolios and be on the frontlines for importers and wholesalers."
Last year, fresh-flower, foliage and live-plant exports exceeded USD$1.3 billion. Cyberflora’s promoters aim to both contribute to Colombia’s export portfolio positioning, as well as attract new international buyers and support new business for growers.
For more information:
Publication date: 3/20/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.