Job offersmore »
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (454)
- Veiling Rhein-Maas expands Premium Quality label to lilies (4)
- In 2016 we visited 26 trade shows and shot 5,054 pictures! (1)
- Kenyan rose production falls short of international demand (2)
- China gets slap on the wrist for illegal copying Dutch varieties (1)
- US: Growers respond to GM petunia news (1)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (1)
- US (FL): Bromeliad expert about hybridyzing bromeliads (1)
- India: "High potential for orchid cultivation in Odisha" (1)
- "Fight against thrips is not only won above ground" (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
- Brazil: Despite crisis, opportunities for growth
- How the bumblebee coincidentally saved the greenhouse industry
- US (CA): Monterey County helps former flower growers switch to marijuana
- NL: Cut flower prices under pressure by warm weather and French holiday
- Chrysanthemum blooming test of Royal van Zanten Colombia
Top 5 - last week
- Wabara expands into new markets with exclusive partnerships
- US (IL): Sunshine delphinium named in honor of John Simko
- Father and sons team harvests sunflowers for British Flowers Week
- Germany: VB Group builds 'Elite' greenhouse for Dümmen Orange
- Wildfire transitions to full hydroponic rose cultivation
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Photos and a video:
Impression of AstanaFloraExpo 2017Last week, professionals from the flower industry, floristry, landscape architecture and design gathered in the Korme Exhibition center in the capital of Kazakhstan; Astana. The AstanaFloraExpo was held from April 12-14 and is said to be the only specialized exhibition held regularly both in Kazakhstan and throughout Central Asia.
Large Kazakh and international producers of cut flowers, companies specializing in landscaping, seed companies, nurseries and floral design studios participated in this eighth edition of the show. About 100 companies from Holland, Belgium, Italy, Colombia, Russia, Spain, Poland and Ecuador were exhibiting.
On its first day the exhibition was visited by representatives of republican departments and agencies, top managers and specialists from large Kazakh companies and research institutions, professionals working in the field of floriculture, garden construction, gardening and landscape design, as well as guests from abroad.
The exhibition business program aroused great interest from the sector professionals. In its framework, there is a very important event for the green sector of the Republic, Scientific and Practical Conference “Green Sector of Kazakhstan, Achievements and Prospects”. More than 100 representatives of the green sector of Kazakhstan, Russia and Europe take part in the conference held for the third time. Another professional event that created a festive atmosphere was the 4th National Championship on Professional Floristics.
This 2.5 minute video below, a good impression is given of the 2017 show.
On Social Media, the exhibition was a hot topic. Several exhibitors and visitors posted pictures. Below we made a compilation of the pictures posted on Twitter and Facebook.
Deliflor Chrysanten posted this picture on their Twitter page.
Byket Dnyia posted this picture on his Facebook page. In the Edana Floralba (Ecuadorian rose grower) booth.
Zhaniya Khairova posted this picture of Perfect Quality Roses (Colombian rose grower) on her Facebook page.
Also this picture of Circasia's (Colombian rose grower) tinted flowers were posted on Zhaniya Khairova's Facebook page. Circasia introduces these tinted roses for the year 2017.
Red Naomi Trade house (Kazakhstan). Source: Zhaniya Khairova's Facebook page.
Source: Zhaniya Khairova's Facebook page. (Click here for more photos posted by Zhaniya Khairova)
Grąbczewscy, from Poland, posted these pictures on their Facebook page.
The roses of Grupo Andes Farms (Colombia). Picture posted on the Facebook page of Xeniya Tursunbayeva. She took many pictures of the roses that were on display. Click here for all the photo's.
“AstanaFloraExpo’2017” is a joint project of exhibition companies “AstanaExpo-KZ”, Kazakhstan, and “GreenExpo”, Russia.
For more information:
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.