Job offersmore »
- Business Development Manager – US
- Export Sales Manager grapes and citrus
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Spain
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Italy
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (440)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (1)
- Veiling Rhein-Maas expands Premium Quality label to lilies (3)
- US (FL): Bromeliad expert about hybridyzing bromeliads (1)
- India: "High potential for orchid cultivation in Odisha" (1)
- "Fight against thrips is not only won above ground" (1)
- Cyberflora marks new era in digital trade fairs (1)
- Canada: Propagator Bevo Farms now offering Sedum Tiles (1)
- Kenya: Senate probes working conditions on flower farms (1)
- Weight, drain and real time plant activity analysis become grower's sixth sense (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Takii Europe opens new breeding stationAfter months of careful preparation, Takii Europe has moved its breeding site for pot and bedding plants from Honselersdijk to Kudelstaart. On 17 May, Senior Executive Director Kazuo Hatsuda from Takii & Co. Ltd. Japan, the parent company of Takii Europe, officially opened the new greenhouse at the HortiparQ with a spectacular forklift truck ride.
Speech by Siegfried Lachmann
Surrounded by colleagues, Siegfried Lachmann, Manager Research & Development at Takii Europe, made the first speech at the start of the opening ceremony: "I am speaking on behalf of the entire cultivation and breeding team when I say that I am proud of this new state-of-the-art station". The presence of Kazuo Hatsuda, one of the directors of parent company Takii & Co. Ltd. Japan, was a real honour for the European subsidiary. Senior Executive Director Hatsuda was very pleased to accept the invitation to symbolically open the greenhouse by driving a fork-lift truck through a paper barrier. Afterwards, glasses were raised and Mr. Hatsuda finished with a toast: “May the new station create beautiful, innovative and unique varieties!”
Kazuo Hatsuda driving through the paper barrier
Opening the new site on the Mijnsherenweg in Kudelstaart was a strategic decision. "To further realise our ambitions for growth, we are innovating all the time, and innovation also means investing in quality facilities to take breeding to a higher level," says Ton Kuipers, Managing Director of Takii Europe.
Kazuo Hatsuda after his speech
The greenhouse area has now increased to approximately 1 hectare, double the size of the previous breeding station in Honselersdijk. The new site, with 6 different growing systems in various climate compartments, is fully focused on breeding future introductions and further development of successful series such as Canna Cannova and Viola cornuta Floral Power F1. It will also be possible to pay greater attention to screening of breeding material originating from the parent company in Japan. Alongside breeding, the representative greenhouse in Kudelstaart also has space for quality control processes, simulations and events.
For more information:
1424 PC De Kwakel
Tel.: +31(0) 297 500 758
Publication date: 5/18/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.