Job offersmore »
- Nursery Systems Manager - Australia
- GENERAL / FARM MANAGER - Australia
- Grower / Ag scientist - Australia
- Technical/ Product Representative, Russia
- Technical/ Product Representative, India
- Retail Chain Manager - Russia
- Business Advisor - China
- Production Manager - Australia
- Production Manager - Australia
- Packing Facility Manager - AU
Last commentsmore »
- Terra Nova Nurseries introduces heat-loving heucherella variety (9)
- Milestones, lessons from California’s historic drought (9)
- "Plum Power forever" (5)
- For sale: 10 brand new Cummins natural gas generators (6)
- Dutch grower supplies plants to world's biggest cruise ship (12)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (598)
- Netherlands: How flowers are being unpacked, prepared for the auction (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Takii Europe opens new breeding stationAfter months of careful preparation, Takii Europe has moved its breeding site for pot and bedding plants from Honselersdijk to Kudelstaart. On 17 May, Senior Executive Director Kazuo Hatsuda from Takii & Co. Ltd. Japan, the parent company of Takii Europe, officially opened the new greenhouse at the HortiparQ with a spectacular forklift truck ride.
Speech by Siegfried Lachmann
Surrounded by colleagues, Siegfried Lachmann, Manager Research & Development at Takii Europe, made the first speech at the start of the opening ceremony: "I am speaking on behalf of the entire cultivation and breeding team when I say that I am proud of this new state-of-the-art station". The presence of Kazuo Hatsuda, one of the directors of parent company Takii & Co. Ltd. Japan, was a real honour for the European subsidiary. Senior Executive Director Hatsuda was very pleased to accept the invitation to symbolically open the greenhouse by driving a fork-lift truck through a paper barrier. Afterwards, glasses were raised and Mr. Hatsuda finished with a toast: “May the new station create beautiful, innovative and unique varieties!”
Kazuo Hatsuda driving through the paper barrier
Opening the new site on the Mijnsherenweg in Kudelstaart was a strategic decision. "To further realise our ambitions for growth, we are innovating all the time, and innovation also means investing in quality facilities to take breeding to a higher level," says Ton Kuipers, Managing Director of Takii Europe.
Kazuo Hatsuda after his speech
The greenhouse area has now increased to approximately 1 hectare, double the size of the previous breeding station in Honselersdijk. The new site, with 6 different growing systems in various climate compartments, is fully focused on breeding future introductions and further development of successful series such as Canna Cannova and Viola cornuta Floral Power F1. It will also be possible to pay greater attention to screening of breeding material originating from the parent company in Japan. Alongside breeding, the representative greenhouse in Kudelstaart also has space for quality control processes, simulations and events.
For more information:
1424 PC De Kwakel
Tel.: +31(0) 297 500 758
Publication date: 5/18/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.