Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (666)
- Terra Nova Nurseries introduces heat-loving heucherella variety (22)
- Dutch grower supplies plants to world's biggest cruise ship (22)
- For sale: 10 brand new Cummins natural gas generators (13)
- Milestones, lessons from California’s historic drought (22)
- "Plum Power forever" (16)
- Kenya: Rimi Flora to triple in size (1)
- How can we make millennials purchase flowers again? (1)
- Sunflowers stand or fall with the weather (1)
- Take a look inside the greenhouse of a Dutch succulent grower (2)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: Dr. Gracie Barrett joins Tristram Plants management teamDr Gracie Barrett joined Tristram Plants as Technical Manager (Trials & Lab) in April 2017. Gracie had spent the previous 5 years working at the RHS, where she ran the joint AHDB/RHS project CP095, “Sustainable Resource in Horticulture”. Among other things, this project saw her investigate the impact of different potting substrates on fertiliser retention. Prior to this, Gracie oversaw the management of a commercial soil testing laboratory. Both of these experiences, coupled with Gracie’s PhD, Master of Research and BSc, stand her in very good stead to take on her new role at Tristram Plants.
The Technical Manager (Trials & Lab) position is new to Tristram Plants, and covers two main areas: managing trials across both Walberton and Binsted Nurseries and managing Walberton Nursery’s unique micro-propagation laboratory. The trials programme is extensive and includes not just new plants and product formats, but also growing media, fertilisers and crop protection products. The laboratory is a crucial link in ensuring that the company's own stock plants for production are regularly replaced with elite, virus-free material. It also provides a means of supplying in vitro starter stock of Walberton’s trademarked varieties to other laboratories around the world.
Gracie has enjoyed her time so far at Tristram Plants, saying, “I’ve really relished the challenge of applying science to problem solve across the nurseries. No two days are ever the same – it has been wonderfully refreshing to work in such a dynamic environment”.
For more information:
Publication date: 8/11/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.