Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (666)
- Terra Nova Nurseries introduces heat-loving heucherella variety (22)
- Dutch grower supplies plants to world's biggest cruise ship (22)
- For sale: 10 brand new Cummins natural gas generators (13)
- Milestones, lessons from California’s historic drought (22)
- "Plum Power forever" (16)
- Kenya: Rimi Flora to triple in size (1)
- How can we make millennials purchase flowers again? (1)
- Sunflowers stand or fall with the weather (1)
- Take a look inside the greenhouse of a Dutch succulent grower (2)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Small electric tractor packs a punchThe new dual electric or solar powered Tow Tractor is built to be used in greenhouses and nurseries. The affordable 4-tire Multiple Use Tow Tractor for greenhouses and nurseries is only 38 inches / 96.62 cm wide with front and/or rear hitches and can have a set of optional pusher bars.
This new Tow Tractor has zero pollution and requires no oil changes, no warm-up time with plenty of power and a set of lights and reflectors for working in dim light conditions of greenhouses.
Driven by an 18-horse-power, 36 volt electric fan-cooled drive motor, these tractors are work horses. An addition to the electric tractor is the on-board, three-bank smart charger that helps prolong battery life. There is even an option for solar charging the batteries. For about a dime’s worth of local electricity, just plug it in and be fully charged in about eight to ten hours. The 6 heavy duty, 6-volt deep cycle marine-type batteries weight is balanced on the tow tractor frame for maximum traction.
For food safety concerns, the tractor can be sanitized and wiped down to prevent plant disease migration and prevent foodborne pathogens.
Available attachments for cleaning, power broom sweeping, leaf vacuuming and plant spraying as well as light or heavy towing covers are some of the many chores of a greenhouse operation. An attached hand tool storage rack makes the job easier too.
An on-board 2,000-pound winch provides power for lifting attachments, or sliding equipment into place. The tractor weighs just 900 pounds, or about 408 kilograms including the heavy-duty batteries. The Multiple Use Tow Tractor by ScoringAg is rugged and quick and handles electric support equipment like electric scissor lifts with its front and rear electric outlets.
These Multiple Use Tow Tractors are built in the USA for ScoringAg to address the daily needs in the greenhouse and nursery industry no matter the size.
For more information:
Publication date: 8/11/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.