Job offersmore »
- Account Manager, Southern, Protected Cropping - Melbourne, Australia
- Coördinator Biologische Gewasbescherming - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Head Grower, Retractable Roof Shadehouse - Wedgecarrup, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (840)
- Veiling Rhein-Maas expands Premium Quality label to lilies (8)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (3)
- Dalat is “Honor City” of HortEx Vietnam 2018 (1)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (7)
- Preview FlowerTrials 2017: Novelties highlighted (1)
- India: The story of KF Bioplants (1)
- "Nursery industry shines at blossoming international floriculture trade" (1)
- "Horticulture in Iran can be an alternative to petroleum" (5)
- Netherlands 50 million stems a year at V.d. Berg Roses (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Selecta One shows top varieties in show gardenAgain this year Thorsten Köhn, Head of Sales at Selecta One, is presenting his favourite varieties in the company's show garden in Stuttgart. Even after changing weather conditions with phases of cold, hot and rainy weather the plants show themselves at their best. You can find more impressions from the show garden in the picture gallery.
The Osteospermum bed in the show garden with single and double flowering varieties is hard to beat regarding flower and colour impact. Particularly impressive is the new yellow double flowering variety 3D Yellow '18. The 3D line consists of six varieties in great colour combinations, all of them rich flowering.
Calibrachoa MiniFamous Double
The MiniFamous Double line stands for double flowering Calibrachoa varieties convincing with a very good root system, stable flowering and a homogenous, round-shaped plant structure. All varieties are in full bloom. Even the varieties hanging in the show garden without shelter prove their great plant structure and colour stability. A real eye catcher is the FleuroStar winner PinkTastic with bi-coloured flowers in white and pink showing a great in-depth colour perception.
Calibrachoa MiniFamous Uno
The strength of the new line MiniFamous Uno is shown in the show garden. The eight varieties present a harmonic picture. Particularly beautiful are the bi-colour varieties with eye Pink Purple Splash and White + Yellow Eye as well as the uni-coloured varieties Yellow and Blue, proving their weather resistance.
The Rave varieties show a great star pattern stability, especially Rave Violet and Rave Pink score with a great contrast. All varieties are like MiniFamous Uno varieties compact growing and early flowering in production as well as vigorous.
Trixi Early is a line of Calibrachoa mixes in proven colours. The varieties are easy to produce due to their compact growth habit and early flowering. Finished products show the same growth characteristics as other Trixi Calibrachoa mixes. Trixi Early Lollipop and Trixi Early Spirit are an outstanding example for a perfect distribution of all three colours.
AlpeTunia stands for weather resistant and long-trailing Petunias. All nine AlpeTunia varieties in the show garden display the advantages of the line and show a great long-trailing growth habit. Customers especially like the variety AlpeTunia Blueberry.
Petunia BabyDoll und NightSky
The two Petunia highlights NightSky and BabyDoll meet all expectations. The two varieties with flowers with white spots show a stable colour pattern. The plants are weather resistant, vigorously growing and convince with a great near and long distance effect.
The Bracteantha line Mohave offers a great colour range. All varieties of the line are harmonically flowering and showing a great flower quality. Mohave are easy to care, continuously flowering and well suited for beds as they attract bees.
The Lantana line SunFun consists of seven varieties, all rich flowering, weather resistant and continuously flowering. The bees in the show garden love these Lantana varieties.
For more information:
Publication date: 8/21/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.