Job offersmore »
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
- International Account manager Horticulture LED Solutions - Netherlands
- Plant Specialist Horticulture Northern Europe
Last commentsmore »
- "Plum Power forever" (18)
- Terra Nova Nurseries introduces heat-loving heucherella variety (26)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (674)
- Milestones, lessons from California’s historic drought (25)
- Dutch grower supplies plants to world's biggest cruise ship (27)
- For sale: 10 brand new Cummins natural gas generators (16)
- Kenya: Rimi Flora to triple in size (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Tanzania: Horticultural exports generated $642M in 2016In 2016, Tanzanian horticultural exports were valued at $642 million, up 17.8% compared to the year before ($545 million), thecitizen reported.
In parallel, horticulture has contributed to 43% of export earnings, confirming its position as the sub-sector of activity with the fastest growth rate in the agricultural sector.
Tanzania’s horticultural output includes fruits (avocado, pineapples, banana and passion fruit), vegetables (carrots, fresh beans, cabbage, cucumber, tomatoes and onions) and cut flowers.
Read more at Ecofin Agency (Espoir Olodo)
Publication date: 10/12/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.