Job offersmore »
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
Last commentsmore »
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (28)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (964)
- NL: A sustainable packaging for a grateful plant (1)
- "I tested my growing media, now what?" (1)
- "Scoop Scabiosa offers more texture, more color, more inspiration" (1)
- Photo Report: First edition HortEx Vietnam (1)
- Danish greens grower expands with first own bred peperomias (2)
- UK: What's in season at the New Covent Garden Flower Market (5)
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (3)
- Export stop Australia as of March 1 2018 (2)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Tanzania: Horticultural exports generated $642M in 2016In 2016, Tanzanian horticultural exports were valued at $642 million, up 17.8% compared to the year before ($545 million), thecitizen reported.
In parallel, horticulture has contributed to 43% of export earnings, confirming its position as the sub-sector of activity with the fastest growth rate in the agricultural sector.
Tanzania’s horticultural output includes fruits (avocado, pineapples, banana and passion fruit), vegetables (carrots, fresh beans, cabbage, cucumber, tomatoes and onions) and cut flowers.
Read more at Ecofin Agency (Espoir Olodo)
Publication date: 10/12/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.