Job offersmore »
- Senior Grower - Australia
- General Manager - Australia
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (974)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (31)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (6)
- "Building an orchid brand in a new market" (1)
- NL: A sustainable packaging for a grateful plant (1)
- "I tested my growing media, now what?" (1)
- "Scoop Scabiosa offers more texture, more color, more inspiration" (1)
- Photo Report: First edition HortEx Vietnam (1)
- Danish greens grower expands with first own bred peperomias (2)
- UK: What's in season at the New Covent Garden Flower Market (5)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
November 7, Aalsmeer
Vertical integration central at World Floral SummitAalsmeer will be the epicentre of the floriculture industry in early November, hosting the first World Floral Summit (WFS) on Tuesday the 7th. Leading international organizations in the field of floriculture will convene there, to discuss the many pressing issues facing the sector. Vertical integration in the floriculture industry will be the underlying theme.
The parties that participate in the World Floral Summit are: Florint, CIOPORA, Fleuroselect, AIPH, Union Fleurs and Royal FloraHolland. That makes the conference a unique effort at bringing together most of the key stakeholders in the worldwide floriculture industry.
Keynotes and a panel discussion
All the organizing associations are invited to give a brief introductory speech. Mark Ward, President of International Florist Organisation, will be doing so on Florintís behalf. Lucas Vos, CEO of Royal FloraHolland, and Jan Rotmans, Professor Sustainable Transitions and System Innovations, will be giving a short presentation.
A panel discussion will subsequently take place with leading players from the participating organizations. Partaking will be: Mark Ward (Florint), Marco van Zijverden (Union Fleurs), Tim Briercliffe (AIPH), Augusto Solano (Asocolflores), Nils Klemm (Union Fleurs) and FloraHolland CEO Lucas Vos.
Click here for more information and to register.
Publication date: 10/12/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.