Job offersmore »
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
- Horticultural Consultant - Sydney, Australia
- Technical Assistant - East Malling (Kent), UK
- Greenhouse Controls Technician - Australia
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (828)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (7)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (2)
- Preview FlowerTrials 2017: Novelties highlighted (1)
- India: The story of KF Bioplants (1)
- "Nursery industry shines at blossoming international floriculture trade" (1)
- "Horticulture in Iran can be an alternative to petroleum" (5)
- Netherlands 50 million stems a year at V.d. Berg Roses (1)
- Update from Dümmen Orange infected begonia cuttings (1)
- US: Congressman visits florist (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
November 7, Aalsmeer
Vertical integration central at World Floral SummitAalsmeer will be the epicentre of the floriculture industry in early November, hosting the first World Floral Summit (WFS) on Tuesday the 7th. Leading international organizations in the field of floriculture will convene there, to discuss the many pressing issues facing the sector. Vertical integration in the floriculture industry will be the underlying theme.
The parties that participate in the World Floral Summit are: Florint, CIOPORA, Fleuroselect, AIPH, Union Fleurs and Royal FloraHolland. That makes the conference a unique effort at bringing together most of the key stakeholders in the worldwide floriculture industry.
Keynotes and a panel discussion
All the organizing associations are invited to give a brief introductory speech. Mark Ward, President of International Florist Organisation, will be doing so on Florint’s behalf. Lucas Vos, CEO of Royal FloraHolland, and Jan Rotmans, Professor Sustainable Transitions and System Innovations, will be giving a short presentation.
A panel discussion will subsequently take place with leading players from the participating organizations. Partaking will be: Mark Ward (Florint), Marco van Zijverden (Union Fleurs), Tim Briercliffe (AIPH), Augusto Solano (Asocolflores), Nils Klemm (Union Fleurs) and FloraHolland CEO Lucas Vos.
Click here for more information and to register.
Publication date: 10/12/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.