Job offersmore »
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe - Benelux and Scandinavia
- Grower Manager - Tuakau, New Zealand
- Sales representative - (TN, KY, NC, SC and GA) USA
Last commentsmore »
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (158)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (243)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1237)
- Grower tickled pink with Pink Kisses from Portugal (6)
- "Hydrangea market finally develops in a more quality oriented direction" (3)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (35)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Qatar Airways set for annual loss amid Saudi bockadeQatar Airways is likely to post an annual loss after a Saudi-led blockade of its home nation forced the airline to cancel some routes and divert others, CEO Akbar Al Baker said.
The second-biggest Gulf carrier is working on substituting the 20 or so lost flights for roughly the same number of viable new routes and should then return to profitability, Al Baker said in an interview Tuesday, adding it’s too early to predict how big the loss will be. Net income at the Doha-based group rose 22 percent to 1.97 billion riyals ($525 million) in the year through March.
“It is painful because there are many routes that slide as much as 2 1/2 hours longer, and there are routes that are narrow-body routes where we had to convert to wide-body in order to carry enough fuel to go the longer distance,” the CEO said in Singapore.
All told, Qatar Airways has lost almost 11 percent of its network and 20 percent of revenue, he added.
Read more at Arabian Business
Publication date: 11/10/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.