Job offersmore »
- Account Manager European Countries
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1226)
- Hydrangea Runaway Bride 'Snow White' named Plant of the Year (1)
- Influencing plant growth with LED light (1)
- Kenya: Mount Elgon Orchards expands with 2ha (1)
- Email Marketing for Professional Greenhouse Growers (1)
- "Plum Power forever" (19)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (240)
- "During the placement of outdoor screens we've had all types of weather conditions" (1)
- Kenya: Rimi Flora to triple in size (2)
- India: HollandDoor launches new three-year horticultural programme (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
India: International cargo terminal at Madurai airport to become operational by Dec 15The international cargo terminal at Madurai airport is expected to become operational from December 15.
Coming as it does almost seven years after the airport was declared customs airport by the Union Finance Ministry in December 2010, the commencement of international cargo handling at Madurai airport after all these years "will be a boon to the region", S Rethinavelu, Senior President, Tamilnadu Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Madurai, said.
"We at the Chamber have been persistently following up with the government to permit exim cargo handling as there is abundant scope for cargo export from this region. Sizeable quantities of vegetables, flowers, fruits, textiles/made ups, handloom products, engineering goods, medical equipment, granite icons and other products are exported regularly from the southern districts of Madurai, Dindigul, Sivagangai, Ramanathapuram, Theni, Virudhunagar, Tirunelveli and Kanyakumari through other airports.
"The monthly volumes is around 150 to 200 tonnes. Since the facility will henceforth be available from the airport here, the volumes could go up sizeably..
"We hope the Union Ministry of Agriculture will expedite the appointment of Plant Quarantine officials at Madurai Cargo Airport to certify perishable goods for export," he said and stressed the need for inclusion of Madurai International Airport in the Bilateral Air service Agreement (BASA) to give a further boost to the region.
Publication date: 12/6/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.