Job offersmore »
- Agronomist (Certified Crop Advisor) - Fresno (CA), USA
- Growing Manager - Skye, Victoria
- Assistant Professor of Urban Horticultural Crops - United States (CA)
- Senior Inkoper - Maasdijk, Nederland
- Product Manager Biostimulants - Westmaas, the Netherlands
- Corporate Grower - Camarillo (CA), USA
- General Manager China - Kunming, China
- Buyer greenhouse crops - Almeria, Spain
- Trucking Fleet Manager - Azerbaijan
- Fresh Produce Traders Required for a Leading Dutch/UK Fresh Produce Business
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (776)
- India: "High potential for orchid cultivation in Odisha" (2)
- US: Deadline is February 1st for AFE Scholarship applications (1)
- Video: the distribution center of the future (1)
- Hydroponically grown chrysanthemum show good results in summer (1)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (3)
- "Horticulture in Iran can be an alternative to petroleum" (4)
- Development of the export oriented cut flower rose industry in Africa (7)
- Market reports: solid research or wild guesses? (2)
- NL: Vreugdenhil Young Plants launches new concept Pick & Joy (2)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Christmas preparations at succulent grower Winco HollandChristmas is only a few weeks away and both florists and growers are working hard on their Christmas preparations. Because florists are not usually aware of the process that their Christmas flowers and foliage go through, Florismart thought it would be nice to do a behind the scenes Christmas special. For this article, they visited a grower with a not so typical Christmas product: Winco Holland succulents.
Florismart visited the Winco Holland nursery where they spoke with co-director Arjen de Mare. Winco is a grower that believes in the creative process of the florist. With their branded products such as Wincx (cut succulents), Mecx (stemmed succulents) and Slice (succulents on wood) they express this vision in the sector. They have an ever-changing assortment, including some lovely Christmas succulents. Their products are especially popular in the USA.
Succulents aren’t the first plants you think of when ordering your Christmas essentials. But at Winco they made sure their succulents would look good in any Christmas wreath or arrangement by adding glitter or by painting their products.
Because they do not have a typical Christmas plant/flower, their Christmas preparations are not as intense as other growers. But they do make sure to have an assortment ready, suited for the holiday season.
When asked Arjen what his favourite Christmas succulent was, he replied: ‘The Echeveria Taurus, definitely. This Echeveria has a natural dark red colour.’ This red variety is a beauty to look at and will be the star in your Christmas arrangements.
Read more at Florismart
Publication date: 12/6/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.