Job offersmore »
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe - Benelux and Scandinavia
- Grower Manager - Tuakau, New Zealand
- Sales representative - (TN, KY, NC, SC and GA) USA
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1237)
- Grower tickled pink with Pink Kisses from Portugal (6)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (241)
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (156)
- "Hydrangea market finally develops in a more quality oriented direction" (3)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (35)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Deliflor variety trials in Spain and ItalyAnyone would be quick to agree that climate conditions in southern Europe are unlike those in the Netherlands. This difference naturally has an impact on the methods used to cultivate Deliflor's chrysanthemums as well as their final product characteristics. To determine whether they are suited for cultivation in this region, our new varieties are subjected to extensive testing during trials conducted in Spain and on Sicily. If these new cultivars generate good results after being tested multiple times under both winter and summer conditions, it’s reason enough to give them a positive assessment.
Having held these variety trials during the recent period, Deliflor have spotted a number of interesting varieties, particularly ones for the southern European market. Here are some of these highly promising varieties:
Aristo and Himalaya are two single-flowered varieties in the white colour range that display a lot of potential. Copa, in the yellow range, is another interesting newcomer that has now proven itself since being introduced in the Netherlands and leads the way in ratings for transport and vase life. When it comes to cultivation, all three varieties are reliable regarding response time under extreme temperatures and they also display a good uniformity in earliness. Besides the high uniformity, the flowers are distinguished by their long-lasting, bright green centre.
The new splendid Jackpot was another eye-catcher identified during the variety trials. This spray chrysanthemum produces many flowers that exhibit a wonderful contrast in colour, is superlative in uniformity of appearance, and performs very consistently both winter and summer.
Among the disbudded chrysanthemums, Siberia and Silent showed good results in the trials. Siberia produces delightful pompon flowers with a contrasting green centre. Silent is remarkable for its pure white flowers and quick response time. Silent also provides another advantage: a low B-9 requirement.
For more information
Publication date: 12/20/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.