Job offersmore »
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (964)
- NL: A sustainable packaging for a grateful plant (1)
- "I tested my growing media, now what?" (1)
- "Scoop Scabiosa offers more texture, more color, more inspiration" (1)
- Photo Report: First edition HortEx Vietnam (1)
- Danish greens grower expands with first own bred peperomias (2)
- UK: What's in season at the New Covent Garden Flower Market (5)
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (3)
- Export stop Australia as of March 1 2018 (2)
- Colombia, Kenya and China: What's their recipe for success? (2)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Ecuador: Flowers duty increasesFlowers from Ecuador cost more to import in 2018 due to the GSP expiration.
For those who are not aware GSP or General System of Preferences is how exporting countries like Ecuador, in this case, are able to ship certain flowers into the US duty free. Roses are the exception as they currently are assessed a duty with most other products falling within the GSP guidelines.
The cost will be passed along in prices as line items or buried in the cost. Obviously it is a political tool between the two countries, as well, so there are issues to be worked out before everyone signs.
If you are importing Ecuadorean flowers you should check with your Customs Broker for details.
Beginning 1-1-2018 the rates are:
- Roses 6.8%
- Mini carnations 3.2%
- All other fresh flowers. 6.4%
- Bleach, dyed, non fresh flowers 4%
- Ferns, foliage, decorative greens FREE.
Publication date: 1/3/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.