Job offersmore »
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
- Horticultural Consultant - Sydney, Australia
- Technical Assistant - East Malling (Kent), UK
- Greenhouse Controls Technician - Australia
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (828)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (7)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (2)
- Preview FlowerTrials 2017: Novelties highlighted (1)
- India: The story of KF Bioplants (1)
- "Nursery industry shines at blossoming international floriculture trade" (1)
- "Horticulture in Iran can be an alternative to petroleum" (5)
- Netherlands 50 million stems a year at V.d. Berg Roses (1)
- Update from Dümmen Orange infected begonia cuttings (1)
- US: Congressman visits florist (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Ecuador: Flowers duty increasesFlowers from Ecuador cost more to import in 2018 due to the GSP expiration.
For those who are not aware GSP or General System of Preferences is how exporting countries like Ecuador, in this case, are able to ship certain flowers into the US duty free. Roses are the exception as they currently are assessed a duty with most other products falling within the GSP guidelines.
The cost will be passed along in prices as line items or buried in the cost. Obviously it is a political tool between the two countries, as well, so there are issues to be worked out before everyone signs.
If you are importing Ecuadorean flowers you should check with your Customs Broker for details.
Beginning 1-1-2018 the rates are:
- Roses 6.8%
- Mini carnations 3.2%
- All other fresh flowers. 6.4%
- Bleach, dyed, non fresh flowers 4%
- Ferns, foliage, decorative greens FREE.
Publication date: 1/3/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.