Job offersmore »
- Purchasing Specialist Exoten - Netherlands
- Intercompany Key Account Manager Exoten - Netherlands
- Buitendienst Medewerker - Oost Nederland
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
Last commentsmore »
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (28)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (964)
- NL: A sustainable packaging for a grateful plant (1)
- "I tested my growing media, now what?" (1)
- "Scoop Scabiosa offers more texture, more color, more inspiration" (1)
- Photo Report: First edition HortEx Vietnam (1)
- Danish greens grower expands with first own bred peperomias (2)
- UK: What's in season at the New Covent Garden Flower Market (5)
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (3)
- Export stop Australia as of March 1 2018 (2)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
IPM Essen, January 23-26:
Henke Kunststoffe expands topfit range with new potsHenke Kunststoffe will expand in the near future their topfit range with 6 new pots and will present them at the IPM Essen (23 Jan. - 26 Jan). The design of the bottom of these pots has been improved. The German packaging specialist already had some models with the same design, for example their 9cm, 10.5cm and 12cm AHT pot, which they introduced in 2015 and 2016. The 10.5 (10.3) and 12 (11.7) were originally designed for a Dutch Kalanchoe grower and the holes in the center of the pot resulted in a better water-absorbing and drainage capacity. In the meanwhile these pots are used for more crops. “This adaption improves the perfect balance between air and water in the pot which results in better and more roots of the plant, especially in the center of the pot”, says Ronald van Dijk, Henke Kunststoffe’s sales manager Benelux.
Ronald van Dijk and Björn Stiening at the IPM Essen 2017.
The sizes of the new pots are: 9cm low model, 9.5cm high model, 11cm low model, 13cm low model, 13cm high model and 14cm high model. The sizes of these pots are in some cases smaller for better fitting in trays or on Danish transport containers. For example the 9.5cm will be 9.3 in diameter and the 14cm will be 13.7. The last model (13.7) has been especially developed for Hydrangea (Hortensia). Henke Kunststoffe will be exhibiting at the IPM Essen in Essen, Germany, and these new models are on display at their booth in hall 3 (booth number 3C29).
Henke has a wide range / big assortment of pots. They develop new products or improve existing models to meet the special needs of growers. The German company receives requests from all around Europe, but also Canada, Kirgizie and so on. At the moment they have regular requests from Greece. “Over there, many thermoform pots are being used, but it seems that they are eager to use injection moulded pots again.” Ronald is not sure how this trend will continue but he will follow it closely. “We never reject requests”.
For more information
Ronald van Dijk, sales manager Benelux - Benelux
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.