Job offersmore »
- National Nursery Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Lighting Applications Specialist (Horticulture) - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Gärtner für den konventionellen Gemüsebau - Austria
- Expert vegetable farm manager/master grower seeking for his next position
- Horticulture Advisor - The Hague, the Netherlands
- Growing Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Service Engineer - Almeria, Spain
- Horticultural Consultant - Sydney, Australia
- Technical Assistant - East Malling (Kent), UK
- Greenhouse Controls Technician - Australia
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (828)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (7)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (2)
- Preview FlowerTrials 2017: Novelties highlighted (1)
- India: The story of KF Bioplants (1)
- "Nursery industry shines at blossoming international floriculture trade" (1)
- "Horticulture in Iran can be an alternative to petroleum" (5)
- Netherlands 50 million stems a year at V.d. Berg Roses (1)
- Update from Dümmen Orange infected begonia cuttings (1)
- US: Congressman visits florist (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Uganda: Rosebud dominates flower exportsWhen Zimbabwe crumbled and halted dominating the export of flowers to Europe, Rosebud, Uganda's largest exporter of roses commanding around 35% of Uganda's rose-export market, popped out to fill the gaps, according to East African Business Week.
“Rosebud has a high regard for quality which has reinforced the company as the major resort in the Ugandan market for buyers across the world,” says director Meera Ruparelia. “The greenhouses cover a total of 42 hectares producing and exporting over 9 million stems per month.”
Commanding 40% of the roses export, the company based in Entebbe, remains the country's largest exporter of the product. The greenhouses on the farm covers a total of 50 hectares producing and exporting over 12 million stems per month.
Publication date: 1/12/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.