- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
- Australia: Opportunity to comment on national tree standard revision (1)
- Schroll is developing the hydrangea production in Portugal (3)
- US: AFE educational grant applications due June 1 (2)
- "Plenty of opportunities to expand markets outside Russia's major cities" (1)
- Coloured by Gerbera presents new assortment (1)
- "Customers are looking for different shades of red roses" (1)
- US: Is the era of thermal transfer printers over? (2)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (46)
- Southern hemisphere's largest solar water heating facility at LVG Plants (1)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (1)
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
"Prevention is the best way to manage greenhouse weeds"
“Not only are weeds a problem in and of themselves ... (but) many greenhouse weeds harbor other pests, including white fly, and may be an alternate host for important viral diseases,” said Joe Neal, a professor of weed science and department Extension leader at North Carolina State University.
And if your greenhouse crops are to be potted outdoors later, “then the weeds tag along,” he said.
So what’s a greenhouse grower to do?
Read more at the Log Cabin Democrat (Dean Fosdick)
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/20/2018 US: Deadly plant disease threatens $250M rose business
- 09/17/2018 New research paper uncovers interaction Xylella fastidiosa and its diverse hosts
- 09/17/2018 Is pollution killing a flower’s scent?
- 09/14/2018 Mexico: Sterile insect technique curtails pest threat to Opuntia cactus
- 09/12/2018 NL: First Honey Highway created around Schiphol
- 09/11/2018 US (NY): New Plant Sciences majors battle invasive plants
- 09/11/2018 US (AR): Oxygen's role in plant self-defense
- 09/11/2018 Kenya: VAT on agrochemicals puts growers on edge
- 09/11/2018 EU: Xylella host plant database updated
- 09/11/2018 The dodder you never wanted
- 09/07/2018 NZ: Myrtle rust detection programme wound down
- 09/07/2018 Greenhouse growers, are you ready for thrips?
- 09/06/2018 Improve weed control in your nursery
- 09/04/2018 New Zealand: Camellia growers use science to combat fungal disease
- 09/04/2018 Rose disease makes its way to North Louisiana
- 09/03/2018 First report of Diplodia sapinea on Cedrus libani in Turkey
- 09/03/2018 "Intelligent Sprayer: commercialization approved"
- 08/31/2018 Italy's olive trees are dying. Can they be saved?
- 08/30/2018 Controlling basil downy mildew might be as simple as turning on a light
- 08/30/2018 Kenyan stakeholders want repeal of 16% VAT on pest control products