Job offersmore »
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe - Benelux and Scandinavia
- Grower Manager - Tuakau, New Zealand
- Sales representative - (TN, KY, NC, SC and GA) USA
Last commentsmore »
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (243)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1237)
- Grower tickled pink with Pink Kisses from Portugal (6)
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (156)
- "Hydrangea market finally develops in a more quality oriented direction" (3)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (35)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Costa Farms’ Zamioculcas ‘Raven’ Best New Plant at TPIEZamioculcas ‘Raven’, a new black-foliage variety of the hardy ZZ plant, was chosen as Best New Plant at the 2018 Tropical Plant Industry Exhibition (TPIE) in Fort Lauderdale, Florida this month.
Grown by Costa Farms of Miami, Florida, Raven ZZ plant is expected to appear in retail stores in late 2018 or early 2019. “A plant like this is ideal for creating excitement with consumers as they decorate their home and office with this new and exotic tropical beauty,” says Justin Hancock, horticulturist at Costa Farms. “Raven is a perfect variety for beginners or anyone looking for a stylish, low-maintenance indoor plant.”
An easy-to-grow houseplant that thrives in just about any indoor setting, Raven ZZ plant features rich purple-black leaves that emerge as a rich green color before they mature. It tolerates inconsistent watering; low, medium, or bright light spots; and holds up well in low humidity.
Raven ZZ plant is slow-growing and can eventually reach about 30 inches (76 centimeters) tall and wide over time. It grows equally well in natural or artificial light, and unlike many plants with purple foliage, it doesn’t require strong light intensity to develop its rich coloration.
“Plants that have colorful foliage are particularly trendy, and we expect to see a lot of interest in ‘Raven’ because of its good looks and easy care requirements,” Hancock says.
Costa Farms has exclusive rights to grow Raven ZZ plant in North America and will distribute it to retailers across the US and Canada.
For more information:
21800 SW 162ND Ave.
Miami, Florida 33170
Publication date: 1/24/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.