Job offersmore »
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe - Benelux and Scandinavia
- Grower Manager - Tuakau, New Zealand
- Sales representative - (TN, KY, NC, SC and GA) USA
Last commentsmore »
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (243)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1237)
- Grower tickled pink with Pink Kisses from Portugal (6)
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (156)
- "Hydrangea market finally develops in a more quality oriented direction" (3)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (35)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Horticulture sector in Ethiopia:
"A 300 million USD export business within 15 years"Ethiopia has managed to transform its horticulture sector within a span of 15 years to a 300 million USD export business through attracting potential investors, Ethiopia's Horticulture and Agriculture Investment Authority underscores.
Following the introduction of modern agriculture, the sector has been growing and contributing to national export earning. Currently, the sector is contributing to the country's economy and has created jobs for over 200,000 citizens, of which 70 percent are females, as documents from the authority indicate.
In Ethiopia, about 12,797 hectares of suitable land is available for horticulture. However, only 11 percent of it is used for this purpose. Recently flowers have been produced on 1,600 hectares of land. Even so, the production compared to the nation's potential for horticulture is very small, the document further indicates.
Read more at The Ethiopian Herald (Girmachew Gashaw)
Publication date: 2/9/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.