Job offersmore »
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
- Technical sales Specialist North Europe - Benelux and Scandinavia
- Grower Manager - Tuakau, New Zealand
- Sales representative - (TN, KY, NC, SC and GA) USA
Last commentsmore »
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (158)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (243)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1237)
- Grower tickled pink with Pink Kisses from Portugal (6)
- "Hydrangea market finally develops in a more quality oriented direction" (3)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (35)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Kenya: Flower dealers in record sale ahead of Valentine’s DayKenyan flower dealers have started recording booming sales barely two days to Valentine’s Day.
The Kenya Flower Council says sales have already hit the 75 per cent mark of the average annual sector turnover of Sh100 billion [988 million USD].
KFC chief executive Clement Tulezi said this is because most of the flower exports are pre-ordered and most Valentines' orders are usually shipped by February 5.
A single stem goes for about Sh50 [0.50 USD] in the export market. On average, a medium sized Rose bouquet contains 18-20 stems.
Tulezi said February has always been a great test to the industry in terms of meeting demand especially of the red roses which are associated with love.
Read more at The Star (Emmanuel Wanjala)
Publication date: 2/13/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.