Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Last commentsmore »
- "I tested my growing media, now what?" (19)
- Colombian plant growers to get nursery research center (10)
- UK: What's in season at the New Covent Garden Flower Market (22)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (34)
- Dancing in a Dutch orchid greenhouse (1)
- Germany: Landgard begins marketing offensive for “Frag die Pflanze” (2)
- From Kilimanjaro to Perligran (1)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1226)
- Could this be Ethiopia's new dawn? (7)
- Stone paper to substitute plastic? (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
India: Floriculture making strides in NagalandAccording to the Nagaland State Human Development Report 2016, during the last few years, the floriculture sector has made tremendous strides in terms of coverage area and production through support provided by the State Government. Provision and installation of hi-tech structure, inputs in terms of seeds and extension services, post harvest handling and provision of market linkages for the commercial farmers have boosted floriculture in the State.
This has led to establishment of florist shops hitherto unknown and increased use of locally produced fresh flowers for functions and occasions which were earlier imported from other states. Flower Growers Associations have also been formed for the welfare of the flower growers enhancing their bargaining power as a collective in the supply demand chain.
According to the Department of Horticulture, a total area of 96,800 square metre produces 78,57,600 stems with productivity of 100 stems per square metre. Potentials of the State in this sector have to be realised through provision of essential inputs, capacity building of farmers and construction of cold storages.
Read more at The Morung Express
Publication date: 3/13/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.