Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Last commentsmore »
- "I tested my growing media, now what?" (19)
- Colombian plant growers to get nursery research center (10)
- UK: What's in season at the New Covent Garden Flower Market (22)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (34)
- Dancing in a Dutch orchid greenhouse (1)
- Germany: Landgard begins marketing offensive for “Frag die Pflanze” (2)
- From Kilimanjaro to Perligran (1)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1226)
- Could this be Ethiopia's new dawn? (7)
- Stone paper to substitute plastic? (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Russian greenhouse complex Podosinski delivers a million roses for International Women’s Day
About a million roses were delivered to the trade chains by the greenhouse complex Podosinski for the International Women’s Day, declared the minister of agriculture and food of Moscow region, Andey Razin.
The minister visited the enterprise on the eve of the holiday and got acquainted with how it got prepared for the big day. Greenhouse complex Podosinki is situated in Dmitrovsk district of Moscow region. It has become one of the prize-winners at the international contest AIPH, that took part in Essen (Germany) last year. The complex won the third price in the nomination “Best producer of cut flowers”. It is the first time in the history of the contest existence that a Russian company has made it to the finals.
“This reward will allow our rose garden, located so close to Moscow, mark the cut roses with the international quality sign. At the moment, it’s hot season for the enterprise: 80 thousand pieces of 18 elite roses varieties are delivered daily for the International Women’s Day. The advantage of flowers grown close to Moscow is in their freshness and quick delivery to the customer. A rose grown in the close proximity to Moscow, unlike the imported one, is immediately after cutting placed in the container with nutritious solvent and in this way reaches retailers”, notes Andrey Razin.
In the greenhouse complex, the roses are grown on the territory of 9 ha on the Dutch technology. Contemporary greenhouse equipment with fully automatic process of climate regulation inside the greenhouses and optimized watering create perfect conditions for flower growing.
“Overall amount of the Podosinki greenhouse floral produce in 2017 amounted to 23 million cut roses. The overall amount of Moscow region greenhouses floral produce amounted to 50 million cut flowers. All the greenhouse complexes located around Moscow started getting ready for the International Women’s Day well in advance and have grown several million tulips, roses, hyacinths, lilies and daffodils”, underlined Andrey Razin.
There are 5 enterprises, involved in flower business in Moscow region: greenhouse complexes Podosinki from Dmitrov district, Yegoryevsk in respective district, LLC Mosrosa in Stupino district, Ramensk greenhouses in Ramensk region and CJSC Agrarnoe in Orekhovo-Zuevo district. Overall production area covers 34.5 ha.
Publication date: 3/8/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.