Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Last commentsmore »
- Email Marketing for Professional Greenhouse Growers (1)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1225)
- "Plum Power forever" (19)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (240)
- "During the placement of outdoor screens we've had all types of weather conditions" (1)
- Kenya: Rimi Flora to triple in size (2)
- India: HollandDoor launches new three-year horticultural programme (1)
- Video: Floral Fantasia garden creation time-lapse (1)
- Dümmen Orange and Koppert introduce IPM protocol (1)
- "Compact size is not enough; plants need to make a statement" (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
NL: 600 White World orchids from Piet Vijverberg adorn KeukenhofKeukenhof opened its doors to the general public this year on 22 March. As always, the Beatrix Pavilion hosts an orchid exhibit for eight weeks. It is here in this pavilion that Dutch grower Piet Vijverberg is displaying almost 600 White World orchids.
The Beatrix Pavilion
This isn't the first year that the White World orchid has been shown during Keukenhof. Piet Vijverberg supplied the Beatrix Pavilion with a number of orchids in 2017. The products in this pavilion have to remain attractive throughout the eight weeks it is open, and the White World orchid excelled at this last year. So it's no wonder that Piet Vijverberg was asked to supply White World orchids this year: 600 of them.
White World is a pure white Phalaenopsis cultivated exclusively by Piet Vijverberg. The Keukenhof floral arrangers have used the White World orchids on and around the impressive 'photo tower' in the centre of the pavilion. The orchid show is open throughout the entire Keukenhof period, from 22 March through 13 May. Keukenhof attracts around 1.4 million visitors from all over the world every year.
For more information:
Publication date: 3/28/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.