- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
- Australia: Opportunity to comment on national tree standard revision (1)
- Schroll is developing the hydrangea production in Portugal (3)
- US: AFE educational grant applications due June 1 (2)
- "Plenty of opportunities to expand markets outside Russia's major cities" (1)
- Coloured by Gerbera presents new assortment (1)
- "Customers are looking for different shades of red roses" (1)
- US: Is the era of thermal transfer printers over? (2)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (46)
- Southern hemisphere's largest solar water heating facility at LVG Plants (1)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (1)
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
NL: 600 White World orchids from Piet Vijverberg adorn Keukenhof
The Beatrix Pavilion
This isn't the first year that the White World orchid has been shown during Keukenhof. Piet Vijverberg supplied the Beatrix Pavilion with a number of orchids in 2017. The products in this pavilion have to remain attractive throughout the eight weeks it is open, and the White World orchid excelled at this last year. So it's no wonder that Piet Vijverberg was asked to supply White World orchids this year: 600 of them.
White World is a pure white Phalaenopsis cultivated exclusively by Piet Vijverberg. The Keukenhof floral arrangers have used the White World orchids on and around the impressive 'photo tower' in the centre of the pavilion. The orchid show is open throughout the entire Keukenhof period, from 22 March through 13 May. Keukenhof attracts around 1.4 million visitors from all over the world every year.
For more information:
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/19/2018 India looking to cut down on air pollution using plants
- 09/12/2018 US (CA): Carnivorous plants growing in popularity
- 09/06/2018 "System makes it easier to find required nutrient supply schedule"
- 09/03/2018 Phalaenopsis: September houseplant of the month
- 08/27/2018 Australia: USyd staff give out free pot plants
- 08/22/2018 "Ice watering a successful method for phalaenopsis orchids"
- 08/17/2018 "Passion is the icing on the cake of the company"
- 08/07/2018 UK grower replaces the black plastic pot
- 08/06/2018 Taupe is the new black
- 07/18/2018 UK: Farplants adds designer house plants to range
- 07/12/2018 UK: 'Delicious Monster' named Favourite Office Plant 2018
- 06/22/2018 Anthura reintroduces Cypripedium in Switzerland
- 06/06/2018 UK: Plastic-free plants debut at Tesco
- 05/23/2018 New ornamental pots respond to current trends
- 05/14/2018 California flower town wrestles with odor amid shift to pot
- 05/11/2018 NL: Dryopteris highlighted in 'Plant in the spotlights #2'
- 05/09/2018 "Skip the roses and go straight for the orchids on Mother’s Day"
- 03/28/2018 NL: 600 White World orchids from Piet Vijverberg adorn Keukenhof
- 03/27/2018 Selecta One introduces new pot carnation concepts
- 03/21/2018 Rob van Vliet joins De Vreede Holland management