Job offersmore »
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
Last commentsmore »
- Influencing plant growth with LED light (1)
- Kenya: Mount Elgon Orchards expands with 2ha (1)
- Email Marketing for Professional Greenhouse Growers (1)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1225)
- "Plum Power forever" (19)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (240)
- "During the placement of outdoor screens we've had all types of weather conditions" (1)
- Kenya: Rimi Flora to triple in size (2)
- India: HollandDoor launches new three-year horticultural programme (1)
- Video: Floral Fantasia garden creation time-lapse (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Pakistan: Opportunities for floriculture and greenhouse techniques
- Italian floriculture finds international platform
- Ecuador eager to break Guinness record with huge rose pyramid
- Kenya: Crowdfunded solar panels provide 50% of rose grower’s energy
- North America: Beekenkamp and Syngenta combine poinsettia portfolio
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
CAN (ON): Agricultural water pump rebate program launchedHydro One and Niagara Peninsula Energy announced the AgriPump Rebate Program, the first program of its kind in Ontario to offer instant rebates to customers who purchase a high-efficiency pump kit. The program is ideal for all farming applications, including livestock, greenhouse and vineyards. Upgrading to a high-efficiency pump will improve performance and could save customers up to 40 per cent of their system’s energy costs.
“This energy conservation program is focused on helping our agricultural customers manage their electricity and water usage all while saving money,” said Cindy-Lynn Steele, Vice President, Market Solutions, Hydro One. “As Ontario’s largest electricity provider to farming customers, we are committed to offering a variety of energy solutions to help them save on electricity and invest in programs that will meet their important needs while delivering a positive return to their bottom line.”
“This collaborative approach with IESO and Hydro One allowed us to be very innovative with this new program,” says Niagara Peninsula Energy Inc. CEO and President Brian Wilkie. “We’re happy to be able to cater to the agricultural sector and provide this instant rebate program on high efficiency pump sets with advanced control technology.”
“Water conservation and high energy costs are a big concern for farmers in the Niagara region and across the province,” said Drew Spoelstra, Director for Halton, Hamilton-Wentworth, Niagara North and Niagara South, Ontario Federation of Agriculture. “The Save on Energy Conservation Program and this type of cross-utility initiative to launch the AgriPump Rebate Program is great for agriculture.”
To be eligible for a rebate under the program, each kit must be between 0.5 hp and 10 hp and must comprise of a pump, motor, variable frequency drive and accessories. Customers can receive up to $610 per constant pressure pump kit. The pumps are quick and easy to install and guard against wear and tear.
The AgriPump Rebate Program is only available to agriculture customers in Hydro One and Niagara Peninsula Energy Inc. (NPEI) service territories. The instant rebate is fulfilled at the point of purchase.
For more information:
AgriPump Rebate Program
Publication date: 4/10/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.