Job offersmore »
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1077)
- India: "High potential for orchid cultivation in Odisha" (3)
- Ukraine: Flowers still popular despite high prices (1)
- Colombian plant growers to get nursery research center (3)
- UK: What's in season at the New Covent Garden Flower Market (12)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (106)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (9)
- Cut, stick and check with the new Cutting & Planting 1800 (1)
- "I tested my growing media, now what?" (5)
- Indian farmer successfully shifts to gerbera cultivation (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: Phillip Davis leaves StockbridgeAfter five years working on LED lighting technology with core funding from the Horticultural Fellowship Fund sponsored by HTA, The East Malling Trust and AHDB (HDC) inspired by Neil Bragg, Phillip is moving on.
In 2012 STC built a large closed environment insulated facility constructed by Cambridge HOK and using Philips LED lights to look at the growth of plants under various spectral regimes.
Phillip came to work in the facility and has carried out projects on a wide range of edible and ornamental crops both for AHDB but also many private growers. He also worked with tomatoes looking at overhead and inter-lighting comparison treatments. Such is the speed of LED lighting development, both in closed environments and other glasshouse crops, that commerce have largely taken up the work and are moving ahead. The closed environment work is mainly now termed Urban Farming and developments are worldwide aimed at overcoming severe climates, proximity to consumer and hygiene of crops.
Phillip is an expert in these fields having worked in the STC facilities and closely with others. As such he is in demand and will be progressing in the commercial part of the industry.
Graham Ward OBE said “the objective of STC is to develop and transfer science as practical technology for our customers. Phillip has done this with LED lights, for us, over the last five years. We expect our staff to move out to the commercial world and we wish him well in his new career.
With the excellent LED facilities at STC, including the new CHAP LED facility, our Director of Science, Dr David George looks forward to introducing a new Business Manager in Photobiology to continue this valuable work for the industry.”
For more information:
Stockbridge Technology Centre
North Yorkshire, YO8 3TZ.
Tel: +44(0)1757 268275
Fax: +44(0)1757 268996
Publication date: 4/16/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.