Job offersmore »
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
Last commentsmore »
- Influencing plant growth with LED light (1)
- Kenya: Mount Elgon Orchards expands with 2ha (1)
- Email Marketing for Professional Greenhouse Growers (1)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1225)
- "Plum Power forever" (19)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (240)
- "During the placement of outdoor screens we've had all types of weather conditions" (1)
- Kenya: Rimi Flora to triple in size (2)
- India: HollandDoor launches new three-year horticultural programme (1)
- Video: Floral Fantasia garden creation time-lapse (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Pakistan: Opportunities for floriculture and greenhouse techniques
- Italian floriculture finds international platform
- Ecuador eager to break Guinness record with huge rose pyramid
- Kenya: Crowdfunded solar panels provide 50% of rose grower’s energy
- North America: Beekenkamp and Syngenta combine poinsettia portfolio
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
UK: Phillip Davis leaves StockbridgeAfter five years working on LED lighting technology with core funding from the Horticultural Fellowship Fund sponsored by HTA, The East Malling Trust and AHDB (HDC) inspired by Neil Bragg, Phillip is moving on.
In 2012 STC built a large closed environment insulated facility constructed by Cambridge HOK and using Philips LED lights to look at the growth of plants under various spectral regimes.
Phillip came to work in the facility and has carried out projects on a wide range of edible and ornamental crops both for AHDB but also many private growers. He also worked with tomatoes looking at overhead and inter-lighting comparison treatments. Such is the speed of LED lighting development, both in closed environments and other glasshouse crops, that commerce have largely taken up the work and are moving ahead. The closed environment work is mainly now termed Urban Farming and developments are worldwide aimed at overcoming severe climates, proximity to consumer and hygiene of crops.
Phillip is an expert in these fields having worked in the STC facilities and closely with others. As such he is in demand and will be progressing in the commercial part of the industry.
Graham Ward OBE said “the objective of STC is to develop and transfer science as practical technology for our customers. Phillip has done this with LED lights, for us, over the last five years. We expect our staff to move out to the commercial world and we wish him well in his new career.
With the excellent LED facilities at STC, including the new CHAP LED facility, our Director of Science, Dr David George looks forward to introducing a new Business Manager in Photobiology to continue this valuable work for the industry.”
For more information:
Stockbridge Technology Centre
North Yorkshire, YO8 3TZ.
Tel: +44(0)1757 268275
Fax: +44(0)1757 268996
Publication date: 4/16/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.