Job offersmore »
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
Last commentsmore »
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (37)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1174)
- "I tested my growing media, now what?" (11)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (175)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (16)
- Sneak peek California Spring Trials 2018 (3)
- Milestones, lessons from California’s historic drought (34)
- Schroll is developing the hydrangea production in Portugal (2)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Bower & Branch acquires mobile commerce company PlantfastBower & Branch, a group of independent growers and garden retailers throughout the Northeast, Midwest and Pacific Northwest has acquired the mobile commerce company, Plantfast. Plantfast founder Jon Ewing will join the Bower & Branch advisory board.
“This acquisition accelerates our development of a complete end-to-end solution for consumer horticulture sales and services,” said Sid Raisch, President and CEO of Bower & Branch. “Mobile commerce is important today, but is on a trajectory to become vital in the future. Our existing website is mobile responsive and provides an important web-sales functionality. The goal is to create a virtual retail location where new and existing customers can shop on their terms and their schedules wherever they may be, while still interfacing with our retail members’ physical locations,” added Raisch. “We are meeting the market shift with an innovative business model that puts the customer at the center of the transaction.”
Plantfast founder Jon Ewing is known throughout all segments of the industry for his keen ability to move his company forward in ever-changing markets. His landscape firm, Landtrends, was an industry leader in innovation. Along with his brother Tom Ewing, the duo co-founded Miramar Wholesale Nurseries. Through multiple acquisitions, they grew the company with an emphasis on plant quality, providing supply chain stability and increasing corporate value to become a signature asset of LandCare USA. Later they acquired Butler’s Mill and co-founded the Sports Turf products company, TurfFirst, which was sold to John Deere Landscapes.
“Plantfast shares the same business values and innovation instincts as Bower & Branch,” said Raisch, “so this was an easy decision for us to come together. For the industry to gain new customers, expand sales and attract new employees in an increasingly competitive market, it must keep pace with other industries. We’re intent on creating a company whose 21st century vision of how to sell plants will leapfrog the horticulture industry forward into the high-end consumer space,” added Raisch.
Jon will provide consulting services to Bower & Branch from his Silicon Valley office.
For more information:
Bower & Branch
Publication date: 5/16/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.