Job offersmore »
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
- Benelux Sales Manager - Grow lights, Holland
- Productie Manager - Ethiopia
- Head of Sales Europe
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
Last commentsmore »
- Email Marketing for Professional Greenhouse Growers (1)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1225)
- "Plum Power forever" (19)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (240)
- "During the placement of outdoor screens we've had all types of weather conditions" (1)
- Kenya: Rimi Flora to triple in size (2)
- India: HollandDoor launches new three-year horticultural programme (1)
- Video: Floral Fantasia garden creation time-lapse (1)
- Dümmen Orange and Koppert introduce IPM protocol (1)
- "Compact size is not enough; plants need to make a statement" (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Uganda: Breeder offers employees perspective with microcreditRoyal Van Zanten, a breeder operating in Uganda (among other countries) has made many successful microloans in recent years. Doing so has made it possible for the employees to buy their own land or a house and to pay school tuition. ‘It gives us both more security and more opportunities’, said one employee of this horticultural company.
Employees are receiving financial advice and assistance in managing their money. Helping employees save enables them to buy their own land or build a house. The employer is also offering small loans that employees can use to realise a dream like starting their own business. One employee, for example, started her own design company and is now producing beautiful designs and printed material. Her talents are being realised more than ever, and she is using her profits to pay the school tuition for her nephews. She is also providing the Dutch cutting producer’s employees with printed T-shirts and sportswear.
For more information:
Royal Van Zanten
Lavendelweg 15, Rijsenhout
P.O. Box 265, 1430 AG Aalsmeer
Tel: +31(0)297 38 70 00
Publication date: 7/2/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.