Job offersmore »
- Commercieel Logistiek/Inkoop medewerker - Aalsmeer, NL
- Manager/Director R&D Operations - Japan
- Senior Grower – Tomatoes, Australia
- Sales Manager - Europe
- Distribution Manager - Fort Worth DC, TX USA
- Greenhouse supervisor - Lisianthus propagator
- Technical Sales Representative - Canada
- Export Project Manager - Bergschenhoek
- Senior Technical Manager – United Kingdom
- In-House Horticultural Consultant - Lodi, OH
Last commentsmore »
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Vineland Research rose gets plant of the year awardEverything is coming up roses for Vineland Research.
Just in time for Canada’s 150th anniversary, Vineland Research has released their first rose, called the Canadian Shield.
This flower is the first of a series of roses called Vineland's 49th Parallel Collection.
The Canadian Shield rose, which has yet to hit the market, has already won the prestigious Canada Blooms plant of the year.
“The collection is the result of several years of Vineland work,” said Lana Culley, director of business development. She says the objective of the project is to “rejig the way that roses are viewed by consumers and sold by the industry.”
The rose, which is bright red in colour and described as having a very classic rose appearance, has been adapted by Vineland Research to have hearty genetics which are meant to survive Canadian winters.
“We are breeding low maintenance roses that will survive the winter and be tolerant to disease,” she said.
Read more at Niagara This Week
Publication date: 12/16/2016
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.