Job offersmore »
- Commercieel Logistiek/Inkoop medewerker - Aalsmeer, NL
- Manager/Director R&D Operations - Japan
- Senior Grower – Tomatoes, Australia
- Sales Manager - Europe
- Distribution Manager - Fort Worth DC, TX USA
- Greenhouse supervisor - Lisianthus propagator
- Technical Sales Representative - Canada
- Export Project Manager - Bergschenhoek
- Senior Technical Manager – United Kingdom
- In-House Horticultural Consultant - Lodi, OH
Last commentsmore »
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Exotic poinsettias at home in AmericaDespite their roots in the jungles of Mexico, poinsettias have grown into Christmastime mainstays for most American homes.
Helping send out 1 million of these perennials are the Millstadt Gardens, the Heimos Family and N.G. Heimos Greenhouses on the edge of Millstadt in St. Clair County.
Perennial grower Kylie Roy recently took AgriNews on a quick spin around the greenhouses. This greenhouse is one of three in the nation that hosts annual poinsettia growing trials and then opens its doors for closer inspection to experts.
But the date that their neighbors keep on their calendars is the weekend before Thanksgiving. This is when the greenhouses open their doors to the general public for one day only for guided greenhouse tours for a glimpse of the poinsettias at their peak of the season.
Considering that poinsettias grow like weeds and into 15-foot tall trees in Mexico, they’ve come a long way to earn places in American homes.
Read more at AgriNews
Publication date: 12/19/2016
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.