Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - United States
- General Manager (Portugal)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Sales and Marketing Representative - Canada (British Columbia)
- Werken op een groene productie locatie in Afrika?
- Site Manager - UK
- Avocado Industry Data Analyst - Australia
- Assistant farm manager
- Plant breeder or molecular biologist (Denmark)
- Post-Harvest Senior Manager Required- Kenya
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (425)
- Kenya: Senate probes working conditions on flower farms (1)
- Weight, drain and real time plant activity analysis become grower's sixth sense (1)
- Terra Nova offers sneak peek of 'peacock tail' begonia (1)
- Romania: Flower demand up for Valentine’s Day, Dragobete (1)
- Florists wanted for British Flowers Week photoshoot (1)
- Roses Forever's new spray rose remembers John Williams (1)
- Second edition Flower Expo Poland now open for registration (1)
- Ethiopia: "Employees are our most valuable assets" (1)
- Taiwan: Taichung to host flora expo in 2018 (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Singapore names orchid after Philippine presidentThe Singaporean government honored President Rodrigo Duterte by naming an orchid after him.
The orchid was named Dendrobium Rodrigo Roa Duterte — a hybrid of Dendrobium Sonia Beauty and Dendrobium Urmila Nandey — following a tradition in Singapore to name orchids after visiting heads of state. It has violet-red colored petals and was described to be a “compact, robust and vigorous hybrid.”
Duterte personally saw the orchid named after him during a visit to Singapore’s National Orchid Garden.
Source: The Philippine Star
Publication date: 12/19/2016
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.