Job offersmore »
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
Last commentsmore »
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (185)
- "Horticulture in Iran can be an alternative to petroleum" (12)
- US: Congressman visits florist (4)
- Netherlands 50 million stems a year at V.d. Berg Roses (3)
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (53)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1183)
- Photo Report: First edition HortEx Vietnam (3)
- Counting down to the Expo Flor Ecuador opening (3)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (18)
- Colombian plant growers to get nursery research center (7)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Belgian plants at IPM 2017The international ornamental plant sector will soon be meeting up in Essen. As is tradition, Belgium will also be present. Under the VLAM flag, no less than 38 companies will be taking part. You will find them in Hall 2 (stands B25 & D30), Hall 12 (stand D42) and Hall 7 (stand E35). While in Hall 2 the focus is on such typically Flemish products as azaleas, rhododendrons, flowering indoor plants, the Flemish bay and chrysanthemums, as well as bushes, young and bedding plants, in Hall 12 we find mainly products from tree nurseries.
During IPM they shall be presenting several new items from the companies participating.
The Helleborus specialist Het Wilgenbroek will be showing off its Helleborus VIV ‘VICTORIA’. This new product is striking for its mass of purple flowers. It is a variety of Helleborus Orientalis that already starts flowering in September and continues until spring.
It is marketed by Microflor: www.microflor.com - vivhelleborus.com
Aduro Orange and Violet are the latest newcomers to the range of Gediflora’s ‘Belgian Mums’ and are conspicuous for their bicoloured flowers. They are a fine adornment for both the interior and a patio or terrace. These Aduros have intense, warm colours: orange and violet. The flowers open extremely slowly, which guarantees a much longer storage life at the sales outlet.
Dataflor is presenting new tricolour mixed pots of chrysanthemums and is thereby responding to the increasing demand for a combination of colours. There is a mixture for large pots up to 1.2 m diameter, and one for smaller pots of up to 30 cm diameter. The cultivation of these chrysanthemums requires a lot from the various varieties. Uniformity is of the greatest importance. All the varieties in the same mixture must after all grow at the same speed, blossom at the same time and also have the same length of stem and diameter of flower.
A new star has been born at Exotic Plant: Guzmania Stella. And you can take this quite literally, because of its superb star-shaped orange blossom. Its compact green leaves also mean this plant does not take up much room, which is a financial advantage. ‘Stella’ is best suited to smaller-sized pots: 6 to 10 cm. The plant grows to a height of 25 cm.
For more information:
Publication date: 12/21/2016
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.