Job offersmore »
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
- Floriculture Sales and Marketing Professional
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (450)
- In 2016 we visited 26 trade shows and shot 5,054 pictures! (1)
- Kenyan rose production falls short of international demand (2)
- China gets slap on the wrist for illegal copying Dutch varieties (1)
- US: Growers respond to GM petunia news (1)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (1)
- Veiling Rhein-Maas expands Premium Quality label to lilies (3)
- US (FL): Bromeliad expert about hybridyzing bromeliads (1)
- India: "High potential for orchid cultivation in Odisha" (1)
- "Fight against thrips is not only won above ground" (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Prayon launches Calcium Nitrate ExtraThe Prayon Group has added a new product to its Hortipray range of fertilisers: Calcium Nitrate Extra (17 - 0 - 0 + 33% CaO).
Less water is more calcium
Prayon’s Calcium Nitrate Extra is highly concentrated and perfectly soluble in water. Compared to standard calcium nitrate fertilisers, the calcium content has been boosted by 25% to 33% calcium oxide (CaO). It also guarantees that at least 17% nitrogen will be available as nitrates. “Compared to standard products, the crystals in Calcium Nitrate Extra contain fewer water molecules, resulting in a higher concentration of nutrients”, explains Kurt Verhelst, Prayon Northern Europe Horticulture Customers Coordinator. “The more concentrated product helps growers reduce their transport and storage costs. Specifically, five bags of standard fertiliser can be replaced by four bags of Calcium Nitrate Extra while maintaining the same amount of readily available calcium.”
Alternative to liquid calcium nitrate
The new Hortipray product is free of impurities, such as sodium and other unwanted particles, and contains a negligible amount of ammonium, unlike the calcium nitrate fertilisers typically used. “In some hydroponic crops, excessive ammonium can cause growing problems resulting in yield and quality losses. It is mainly for this reason that a liquid version of calcium nitrate - containing no ammonium - has been introduced into modern horticulture. Calcium Nitrate Extra is the perfect solid alternative to this liquid calcium nitrate.” In cases where ammonia is desired and added to the irrigation water, Prayon can also offer cheaper alternatives and possibilities. In hydroponics, monopotassium phosphate (MKP) can be replaced by monoammonium phosphate (MAP), resulting in a cheaper complete fertiliser package without changing the nutrient availability for plants.
By extending its Hortipray range of products, Prayon aims to offer a full range of water-soluble fertilisers for horticultural uses. Calcium Nitrate Extra will be distributed worldwide by Prayon, which has exclusive rights for the Benelux region. As part of its customer support, Prayon is offering to recalculate growers’ irrigation recipes in order to demonstrate the financial and technical benefits of Calcium Nitrate Extra.
For more information:
Publication date: 12/21/2016
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.