Job offersmore »
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
Last commentsmore »
- "I tested my growing media, now what?" (11)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (175)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1172)
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (34)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (16)
- Sneak peek California Spring Trials 2018 (3)
- Milestones, lessons from California’s historic drought (34)
- Schroll is developing the hydrangea production in Portugal (2)
- Hot flowers activate fire alarm, force jet into emergency landing (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Qatar: Popular plant banned for wreaking havoc on infrastructureThe Damas tree, a common plant whose complex roots damage underground water pipes, can no longer be imported, sold or planted in Qatar, officials have said.
According to local media reports, the Ministry of Municipality and Environment (MME) has asked nurseries to stop bringing the Conocarpus lancifolius trees into the country.
The fast-growing plants can tolerate heat, drought and salty soil, and are commonly used in landscaping across the Gulf region.
But the MME’s Public Parks Department said the Damas trees are strangling underground pipes and choking drains with their roots.
Click here to read the complete article at www.dohanews.co.
Publication date: 1/11/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.