Job offersmore »
- Nursery Systems Manager - Australia
- Assistant Professor of Landscape Architecture - Davis (CA), USA
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (675)
- "Horticulture in Iran can be an alternative to petroleum" (1)
- A flower shop dedicated to roses only (1)
- "Plum Power forever" (18)
- Terra Nova Nurseries introduces heat-loving heucherella variety (26)
- Milestones, lessons from Californiaís historic drought (25)
- Dutch grower supplies plants to world's biggest cruise ship (27)
- For sale: 10 brand new Cummins natural gas generators (16)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
NL: 13 growers participate in Orchid Inspiration DaysAdmire millions of orchids in just a few days - it seems like mission impossible, yet it can be done. Thirteen specialists will be throwing open the doors of their nurseries for the premier commercial orchid event Orchid Inspiration Days from 6 to 13 June. Their clients in the trade and their end-customers are invited to make an inspiring tour through the world of the orchid. This is a unique collaboration between the growers from three different regions in the Netherlands, who are combining forces as both rivals and colleagues in this event.
Commercial orchid event from grower to end-customer
A number of orchid events have been organised in recent years, all with the same goal: to inform and inspire exporters, wholesalers and retailers with product novelties, surprising concepts and outstanding added value. In autumn 2016 the thirteen companies decided to join forces and organise a joint event in three regions in the Netherlands. This marked the inception of Orchid Inspiration Days. With this new name, a distinctive image and an interesting programme at each of the participating growers, the organisers are seeking to stimulate trade and exports.
By organising these inspiring days before and during the FlowerTrials, the organisers are also targeting foreign clients who can make extra good use of their visit to the Netherlands. The central coordinating role is being played by Pull Position, which is carrying out the preparations for the event on behalf of the thirteen participants.
Registration and updated website
From Phalaenopsis, Zygopetalum and Brassia to eye-catching packaging material or cachepots in the latest trends, the tour of the participants will make sure the program varies at each location. To ensure rapid entry to the various companies, visitors are being asked to register in advance. They can do this on the website www.orchidinspirationdays.com.
Participating orchid specialists
The thirteen companies taking part in Orchid Inspiration Days are:
Aphrodite Orchidee, GreenBalanZ, Van der Hoorn OrchideeŽn, Orchids4all, Cympha OrchideeŽn, Pannekoek OrchideeŽn, Stolk Flora, De Vreede Holland, Lansbergen OrchideeŽn, Levoplant, OK Plant, Opti-flor and Piet Vijverberg.
Orchid Inspiration Days will take place from 6 to 13 June 2017.
Tue 6 to Thu 8 June | 08.00 to 18.00
Fri 9 June | 08.00 to 14.00
Mon 12 and Tue 13 June | 08.00 to 18.00
For more information:
Publication date: 4/20/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.