Job offersmore »
- Outside Technical Sales Position, Horticulture - Canada
- Area Manager Russia
- Machine Operator Buitendienst
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Business Development Manager - The Netherlands
- Greenhouse Construction Workers - U.S.
- (Senior) Werkvoorbereider/Engineer Kas Plus - Netherlands
- International Account Manager - Netherlands
- Business Advisor - China
- Account Manager for Technical Horticultural Greenhouse Products - Canada
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (454)
- Veiling Rhein-Maas expands Premium Quality label to lilies (4)
- In 2016 we visited 26 trade shows and shot 5,054 pictures! (1)
- Kenyan rose production falls short of international demand (2)
- China gets slap on the wrist for illegal copying Dutch varieties (1)
- US: Growers respond to GM petunia news (1)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (1)
- US (FL): Bromeliad expert about hybridyzing bromeliads (1)
- India: "High potential for orchid cultivation in Odisha" (1)
- "Fight against thrips is not only won above ground" (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
- Brazil: Despite crisis, opportunities for growth
- How the bumblebee coincidentally saved the greenhouse industry
- US (CA): Monterey County helps former flower growers switch to marijuana
- NL: Cut flower prices under pressure by warm weather and French holiday
- Chrysanthemum blooming test of Royal van Zanten Colombia
Top 5 - last week
- Wabara expands into new markets with exclusive partnerships
- US (IL): Sunshine delphinium named in honor of John Simko
- Father and sons team harvests sunflowers for British Flowers Week
- Germany: VB Group builds 'Elite' greenhouse for Dümmen Orange
- Wildfire transitions to full hydroponic rose cultivation
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
NL: 13 growers participate in Orchid Inspiration DaysAdmire millions of orchids in just a few days - it seems like mission impossible, yet it can be done. Thirteen specialists will be throwing open the doors of their nurseries for the premier commercial orchid event Orchid Inspiration Days from 6 to 13 June. Their clients in the trade and their end-customers are invited to make an inspiring tour through the world of the orchid. This is a unique collaboration between the growers from three different regions in the Netherlands, who are combining forces as both rivals and colleagues in this event.
Commercial orchid event from grower to end-customer
A number of orchid events have been organised in recent years, all with the same goal: to inform and inspire exporters, wholesalers and retailers with product novelties, surprising concepts and outstanding added value. In autumn 2016 the thirteen companies decided to join forces and organise a joint event in three regions in the Netherlands. This marked the inception of Orchid Inspiration Days. With this new name, a distinctive image and an interesting programme at each of the participating growers, the organisers are seeking to stimulate trade and exports.
By organising these inspiring days before and during the FlowerTrials, the organisers are also targeting foreign clients who can make extra good use of their visit to the Netherlands. The central coordinating role is being played by Pull Position, which is carrying out the preparations for the event on behalf of the thirteen participants.
Registration and updated website
From Phalaenopsis, Zygopetalum and Brassia to eye-catching packaging material or cachepots in the latest trends, the tour of the participants will make sure the program varies at each location. To ensure rapid entry to the various companies, visitors are being asked to register in advance. They can do this on the website www.orchidinspirationdays.com.
Participating orchid specialists
The thirteen companies taking part in Orchid Inspiration Days are:
Aphrodite Orchidee, GreenBalanZ, Van der Hoorn Orchideeën, Orchids4all, Cympha Orchideeën, Pannekoek Orchideeën, Stolk Flora, De Vreede Holland, Lansbergen Orchideeën, Levoplant, OK Plant, Opti-flor and Piet Vijverberg.
Orchid Inspiration Days will take place from 6 to 13 June 2017.
Tue 6 to Thu 8 June | 08.00 to 18.00
Fri 9 June | 08.00 to 14.00
Mon 12 and Tue 13 June | 08.00 to 18.00
For more information:
Publication date: 4/20/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.