Job offersmore »
- Nursery Systems Manager - Australia
- Assistant Professor of Landscape Architecture - Davis (CA), USA
- Technical Sales Representative Trainee - Ancaster, Ontario
- International Account Manager City Farming - Horticulture LED Solutions
- CEO for a leading Agri-Business working on an international basis
- Greenhouse Operations Lead - Alberta, Canada
- Commercial Head Grower - Newark, NJ (USA)
- IPM & Pollination Specialist (ornamentals) - Western Europe
- Regional Sales Manager - USA
- General Manager Operations - Australia
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (675)
- "Horticulture in Iran can be an alternative to petroleum" (1)
- A flower shop dedicated to roses only (1)
- "Plum Power forever" (18)
- Terra Nova Nurseries introduces heat-loving heucherella variety (26)
- Milestones, lessons from California’s historic drought (25)
- Dutch grower supplies plants to world's biggest cruise ship (27)
- For sale: 10 brand new Cummins natural gas generators (16)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (NY): Thousands of flowers growing at MLK Park greenhouseInside a greenhouse at Martin Luther King park, workers are busy re-potting geraniums.
“We start growing our geraniums in January. We start from seeds so we grow about 5 thousand geraniums from seed,” said Jeffrey Krajnik, Martin Luther King Park Greenhouse Head Grower.
After more than 3 months of growing, thousands of flowers have bloomed. By mid-May they will be planted at Olmsted parks throughout the Queen City.
“Parks are all about green space but the garden beds add a spot of color to them, brighten them up,” said Eileen Martin, Buffalo Olmsted Parks Conservancy Supervisor.
One hundred different types of plants are grown in the greenhouse for the city’s parks, even when temperatures are freezing outside.
“Heat, water, the glass is the biggest thing because we have tons of light,” said Martin.
Read more at wivb.com
Publication date: 4/20/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.