Job offersmore »
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
Last commentsmore »
- "I tested my growing media, now what?" (11)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (175)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1172)
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (34)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (16)
- Sneak peek California Spring Trials 2018 (3)
- Milestones, lessons from California’s historic drought (34)
- Schroll is developing the hydrangea production in Portugal (2)
- Hot flowers activate fire alarm, force jet into emergency landing (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US (NY): Thousands of flowers growing at MLK Park greenhouseInside a greenhouse at Martin Luther King park, workers are busy re-potting geraniums.
“We start growing our geraniums in January. We start from seeds so we grow about 5 thousand geraniums from seed,” said Jeffrey Krajnik, Martin Luther King Park Greenhouse Head Grower.
After more than 3 months of growing, thousands of flowers have bloomed. By mid-May they will be planted at Olmsted parks throughout the Queen City.
“Parks are all about green space but the garden beds add a spot of color to them, brighten them up,” said Eileen Martin, Buffalo Olmsted Parks Conservancy Supervisor.
One hundred different types of plants are grown in the greenhouse for the city’s parks, even when temperatures are freezing outside.
“Heat, water, the glass is the biggest thing because we have tons of light,” said Martin.
Read more at wivb.com
Publication date: 4/20/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.