Job offersmore »
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- Quality Assurance Quality Control - Canada
- Senior growers/agronomists - China
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
Last commentsmore »
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (185)
- "Horticulture in Iran can be an alternative to petroleum" (12)
- US: Congressman visits florist (4)
- Netherlands 50 million stems a year at V.d. Berg Roses (3)
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (53)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1183)
- Photo Report: First edition HortEx Vietnam (3)
- Counting down to the Expo Flor Ecuador opening (3)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (18)
- Colombian plant growers to get nursery research center (7)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Alaska Botanical Garden to open 'state of the art' greenhouseThe flowers may not be in bloom yet, but that's not stopping the Alaska Botanical Garden from celebrating new growth.
One year after breaking ground, the garden is preparing to open their brand new greenhouse. According to their website, it's a 1,200 square foot facility, featuring a full wall window “angled to maximize sunlight” as well as a ground source heat pump to pull natural energy from the property to regulate the facility’s temperature.
Executive director Robin Dublin said the new greenhouse will allow the botanical gardens to grow more plants on the premises during the colder months for their annual plant sale. She said, a good portion of the plants for sale are currently shipped up from the Lower 48.
Read more at KTUU
Publication date: 4/20/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.