Job offersmore »
- Managing Grower - Australia
- Senior Grower - Talbotville, Ontario, Canada
- Operations Manager - Fresh Produce
- Senior Account Manager Retail - Netherlands
- Supply Allocation and Inventory Manager - Fresh Produce, Italy
- Senior Grower - Katunga, Australia
- Key Account Manager - Netherlands
- Accountmanager aardappelinkoop België / Frankrijk
- International Retail Manager - Netherlands
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region -Antwerp- Quality Supervisor, Belgium
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (950)
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (2)
- Danish greens grower expands with first own bred peperomias (1)
- Export stop Australia as of March 1 2018 (1)
- Colombia, Kenya and China: What's their recipe for success? (1)
- "Proven Winners is just getting started" (1)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (25)
- Market reports: solid research or wild guesses? (4)
- US: AFE educational grant applications due June 1 (3)
- Mother’s Day means Money Day for UK florists (2)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US: Alaska Botanical Garden to open 'state of the art' greenhouseThe flowers may not be in bloom yet, but that's not stopping the Alaska Botanical Garden from celebrating new growth.
One year after breaking ground, the garden is preparing to open their brand new greenhouse. According to their website, it's a 1,200 square foot facility, featuring a full wall window “angled to maximize sunlight” as well as a ground source heat pump to pull natural energy from the property to regulate the facility’s temperature.
Executive director Robin Dublin said the new greenhouse will allow the botanical gardens to grow more plants on the premises during the colder months for their annual plant sale. She said, a good portion of the plants for sale are currently shipped up from the Lower 48.
Read more at KTUU
Publication date: 4/20/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.