Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (727)
- Development of the export oriented cut flower rose industry in Africa (4)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (4)
- "Horticulture in Iran can be an alternative to petroleum" (2)
- NL: Vreugdenhil Young Plants launches new concept Pick & Joy (1)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (1)
- Take a look inside the greenhouse of a Dutch succulent grower (3)
- Meet Greenlife in the Netherlands (1)
- In search of a transportation proof Poinsettia (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
- Expo Agroalimentaria receives more interest from ornamental industry
- Danziger intrigues visitors at the FloraHolland Trade Fair
- Europe and China sign cooperation agreement on plant variety rights
- "Limonica highly effective against thrips and whitefly"
- US (MI): Walters Gardens nears completion of Acclimation Range
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
NL: Special Orchids takes over Celine ColoursFor most cut Cymbidium growers in the Netherlands, the season runs from September to May. Special Orchids has been used to harvesting their flowers during these months, but from 1 December this is going to change. "With the acquisition of Celine Colours, we will be able to supply our customers year round, starting 2018," according to John and Wim Bos.
Paul and Esther van Schie of Celine Colours (right) hand over their nursery to Wim (left) and John Bos of Special Orchids with effect from 1 December.
Special Orchids is specialized in the cultivation of large-flowered cut Cymbidiums, just like their colleague Celine Colours from Berkel en Rodenrijs. Paul and Esther van Schie built this nursery, which bears the name of their daughter and since 1992 they cultivate outside the traditional season. "That makes it so valuable to us," says Wim. "The modern nursery located at the J. Poortmanweg in Berkel en Rodenrijs is fully equipped to deliver Cymbidiums to the market from May through to November."
"It obviously requires the necessary expertise to get the plants to blossom in the summer months and early autumn. We are therefore pleased that Paul is guiding the take-over and will be sharing his knowledge and experience in the coming period."
Paul van Schie (m) of Celine Colours transfers his company to Wim (l) and John Bos of Special Orchids, under the supervision of business advisor Arthur Vijverberg(r) of Yeald.
For more information:
J Poortmanweg 15
2651 NB Berkel en Rodenrijs
Anthony Lionweg 3
2661 DT Bergschenhoek
M +31 (0) 6 462 62 520 (Wim Bos)
Publication date: 10/30/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.