Job offersmore »
- Assistant Grower - Canada
- Experienced International Buyer/Seller Germany
- Project and Sales Manager - Russia/Caucasian Region
- Quality Coordinator EU in Supply Chain Management Dep.
- Regional Sales Director - United States
- Territory Sales Position - US
- International Tomato Grower - Worldwide
- Grower Manager - US
- Application Scientist Salesperson - US
- Technical & Operations Manager - Australia
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (727)
- Development of the export oriented cut flower rose industry in Africa (4)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (4)
- "Horticulture in Iran can be an alternative to petroleum" (2)
- NL: Vreugdenhil Young Plants launches new concept Pick & Joy (1)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (1)
- Take a look inside the greenhouse of a Dutch succulent grower (3)
- Meet Greenlife in the Netherlands (1)
- In search of a transportation proof Poinsettia (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
- Expo Agroalimentaria receives more interest from ornamental industry
- Danziger intrigues visitors at the FloraHolland Trade Fair
- Europe and China sign cooperation agreement on plant variety rights
- "Limonica highly effective against thrips and whitefly"
- US (MI): Walters Gardens nears completion of Acclimation Range
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
December 5, Gainesville
US (FL): Registration open for UF Poinsettia Industry TrialsRegistration is now open for the Poinsettia Industry Trials at the University of Florida in Gainesville FL on Dec 5 2017 (http://tinyurl.com/FLPoinsettia17, $50 plus processing fee for preregistration).
The event highlights 148 new poinsettia varieties from Beekenkamp, Dummen Orange, Selecta/Ball, Suntory, and Syngenta, along with University of Florida research on a range of greenhouse topics.
The format for the event on Dec 5 is:
- 9.00: Registration and greenhouse walk-through
- 9.30: Welcome and introductions
- 9.45: Poinsettia cultivar trials (George Grant, UF)
- 11.00: University research presentations, including heat delay and natural day flowering, Klasmann-Deilmann and Pindstrup wood fiber growing media, coleus varieties, superfoods (ginger, turmeric), CT scanning of roots, and biofilm management
- 12.00: BBQ lunch (includes vegetarian options)
- 12.45: Commercial breeder presentations by Beekenkamp, Dummen Orange, Selecta/Ball, Suntory, and Syngenta
- 2.00: Finish
Publication date: 11/10/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.