Job offersmore »
- Manager Trucking Company - Azerbaijan
- Junior Productie Manager - Kenia
- (junior) Agronomist China
- Department Chair and Professor of Human Ecology - Davis (CA) USA
- Factory Manager Assistant - Huizhou, China
- Internal Salesperson - Netherlands
- Crop Manager - Northern France
- Farm General Manager - Egypt
- Grower (cucumbers) - Australia
- Projectleider Export - Maasdijk, Nederland
Last commentsmore »
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (4)
- "The future of Women’s Day is purple" (1)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (903)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (14)
- FlowersExpo’2017 and the Russian flower market (1)
- FloraHolland market information: less supply at Christmas (2)
- There's a bromeliad for everyone (3)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
December 5, Gainesville
US (FL): Registration open for UF Poinsettia Industry TrialsRegistration is now open for the Poinsettia Industry Trials at the University of Florida in Gainesville FL on Dec 5 2017 (http://tinyurl.com/FLPoinsettia17, $50 plus processing fee for preregistration).
The event highlights 148 new poinsettia varieties from Beekenkamp, Dummen Orange, Selecta/Ball, Suntory, and Syngenta, along with University of Florida research on a range of greenhouse topics.
The format for the event on Dec 5 is:
- 9.00: Registration and greenhouse walk-through
- 9.30: Welcome and introductions
- 9.45: Poinsettia cultivar trials (George Grant, UF)
- 11.00: University research presentations, including heat delay and natural day flowering, Klasmann-Deilmann and Pindstrup wood fiber growing media, coleus varieties, superfoods (ginger, turmeric), CT scanning of roots, and biofilm management
- 12.00: BBQ lunch (includes vegetarian options)
- 12.45: Commercial breeder presentations by Beekenkamp, Dummen Orange, Selecta/Ball, Suntory, and Syngenta
- 2.00: Finish
Publication date: 11/10/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.