- Product Manager / Concept Manager - Verspakketten - Ridderkerk
- District sales manager - British Columbia and Alberta, Canada
- Grower - Carlisle, Pa. USA
- Account Manager - Melbourne, Australia
- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
- Australia: Opportunity to comment on national tree standard revision (1)
- Schroll is developing the hydrangea production in Portugal (3)
- US: AFE educational grant applications due June 1 (2)
- "Plenty of opportunities to expand markets outside Russia's major cities" (1)
- Coloured by Gerbera presents new assortment (1)
- "Customers are looking for different shades of red roses" (1)
- US: Is the era of thermal transfer printers over? (2)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (46)
- Southern hemisphere's largest solar water heating facility at LVG Plants (1)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (1)
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
Selecta one shows new assortment, new projects at IPM 2018
The Poinsettia assortment is still an important element of the IPM booth of Selecta. Three novelties have been introduced. An addition to the existing Christmas Beauty family concerning the colour is the variety Christmas Beauty Princess. It has a considerable two-coloured coloration and the modern bract shape of the Christmas Beauty varieties. The existing Princettia series is being expanded by the new Princettia Midi Hot Pink – a good growing Princettia in powerful pink which can be grown well together with standard Poinsettia. A new red Poinsettia in the assortment is the new Christmas Sensation. The early colouring of the bracts makes early packing possible. Its late ripeness of the cyathias has a positive effect on the shelf life at the end consumer.
Considering the marketing strategy Selecta went one decisive step further in 2017 with the campaign „Pink Kisses – as beautiful as our friendship“. At the IPM 2017 the carnation breeding specialist presented the new communication concept directly aimed at the end-consumer. With its conspicuous flower shape and its excellent shelf life the pot carnation Pink Kisses is communicated as an emotional gift which was addressed to young women. After a successful conclusion of the campaign for 2017, Selecta one is ready to take off and start with Pink Kisses also in 2018. The new concept will be presented to the public for the first time on the IPM 2018.
ReCarnation stands for the revival of the dianthus and the continually growing popularity of the traditional product. Selecta offers a complete Dianthus program for the whole year by using this title. New additions are the Autmn Friends which make lots of autumn combinations possible with planted bowls consisting of grasses, dianthus and perennials.
New varieties in the Selecta assortment are Capitán Cook in pink and with a dark centre of the flower as an addition to the existing Capitán series concerning the colour, and Peach Party – a compact growing pot carnation variety. It has a lot of apricot coloured flowers blooming above the leaves.
Advanced marketing concept: Nature Garden
Another highlight at the IPM 2018 is the advanced marketing concept Nature Garden. The concept was de-veloped by results of the Selecta experiment about insect friendly plants. The project for the development and introduction of a biodiversity breeding programme to increase the attractivity of urban green was im-plemented in summer 2017.
The aim was to get information about which varieties attract insects most and contribute to their nutrition. Background of this project is to strengthen the Selecta assortment with more insect friendly varieties.
Further variety innovations and highlights on the Selecta one booth 2D21:
The beginning of a new dark leaf series in the dahlia assortment is the new dahlia Dalaya Amba. The red dark flower in combination with the dark leaves form an impressive contrast with wonderful and strong long-distance effect.
In addition to the successful NightSky there is another spectacular novelty now: LightningSky is the name of the new combination of yellow star and dot pattern on dark red ground. Looking at the growth habit, earliness and growth potential, the variety LightningSky is comparable to the petunia series Famous. It has an early developing simple flower and a semi-trailing growth.
The XXL geranium is the new successful Pelargonium variety. It is extra vigorous and the large, fiery flowers in dark red on very dark leaves demonstrate a special colour spectacle which reminds of the Cuban rhythm tumbao and involves this positive and impulsive life attitude. Tumbao convinces with continuous flowering and a great performance in summer.
PinkTastic – winner of the Fleurostar Award
One of the shooting stars of the last year is the Calibrachoa PinkTastic. It could convince during the Flower-Trials and has been awarded with the FleuroStar 2017/2018. Its two-bicoloured pink-white circles of inner petals in each flower truly catches the eye and add to an in-depth colour perception. Furthermore, PinkTastic convinces with an excellent summer performance and enjoys all the benefits of the Mini-Famous series, such as easy growth, improved root system, the very early flowering and mildew tolerance.
For more information:
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/18/2018 Deliflor introduces Fireball (Santini)
- 10/16/2018 Ball Seed releases more trial results
- 10/16/2018 Deliflor introduces 'classic beauty' Aristotle
- 10/16/2018 US: Early sales 2020 new varieties available now from PanAmerican Seed
- 10/15/2018 Ball Seed reaps awards at North American trials
- 10/12/2018 Smart device for consumer determines optimal watering time
- 10/10/2018 UK: Begonias voted a plant favourite in RHS People’s Choice Awards
- 10/10/2018 US: Oso Easy Urban Legend Rosa earns its Proven Winners moniker
- 10/02/2018 New, ultra-hardy cultivars present creative solutions for landscapes
- 09/28/2018 TreeTown USA awarded patent for new ‘Morning Sun’ variety of Japanese Blueberry Tree
- 09/28/2018 US (GA): Plants shine in Trial Gardens' Classic City Awards
- 09/26/2018 New “House” series roses by United Selections
- 09/19/2018 US (CA): SAF announces winners of Outstanding Varieties Competition
- 09/19/2018 White hybrid tea rose named after Obama
- 09/12/2018 UK: Agapanthus ‘Fireworks’ wins new product award at Glee
- 09/10/2018 "Picking our favorite new annuals is like picking a favourite kid"
- 09/10/2018 UK: Wyevale Nurseries enter plants into New Product Showcase
- 09/03/2018 US: Cherry Choco Latte Rose Mallow wins Peoples’ Choice honors
- 08/31/2018 "Customers are looking for different shades of red roses"
- 08/29/2018 US: Grower offers new bundled combinations for 2019