- Flower Bulb and Perennial Sales Position - Portland (Oregon) USA
- Plant Production Scientist - Brooklyn (NY) USA
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- Technical Sales Representative - South Western Ontario, Canada
- Farm Manager - West Africa
- Managing Agronomist - Surinam
- Vegetal Material Programme Leader - Cisterna di Latina (Latium), Italy
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Inkoop Specialist Holland Product - Netherlands
- Vegetable Grower - Australia
- Australia: Opportunity to comment on national tree standard revision (1)
- Schroll is developing the hydrangea production in Portugal (3)
- US: AFE educational grant applications due June 1 (2)
- "Plenty of opportunities to expand markets outside Russia's major cities" (1)
- Coloured by Gerbera presents new assortment (1)
- "Customers are looking for different shades of red roses" (1)
- US: Is the era of thermal transfer printers over? (2)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (46)
- Southern hemisphere's largest solar water heating facility at LVG Plants (1)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (1)
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
UK: Wyevale Nurseries staff celebrate two award wins
Wyevale Nurseries in Hereford was awarded Plant Supplier of the Year 2017 from Klondyke Group and also the Most Innovative Plant Supplier Award from Wyevale Garden Centres, which is a separate company under different ownership.
Colin Stanley, Retail Sales Manager at Wyevale Nurseries, explained: “We were delighted to be awarded the Plant Supplier of the Year 2017 Award at the recent Klondyke Group’s annual plant show.
“In our first three years of supplying the group we have thoroughly enjoyed working with the centres and head office team. It’s always great to see plants taking centre stage in a retailer’s offering. We are looking forward to continuing to build an even stronger relationship going forward.
“To add to this, we were also presented with the Wyevale Garden Centres’ Most Innovative Plant Supplier Award. We were over the moon to receive this recognition from one of our key retail customers. We’re constantly working with all our retail customers to ensure we select the best new plants available on the market to suit their particular customer demographics and business strategies.
“We have been delighted with feedback from a number of customers who are excited about the range of new plants we are bringing to the market. With our extensive plant development programme there is a new plant suited to most customers’ needs.”
In the past 12 months Ben Gregory, Product Development Manager at Wyevale Nurseries, has travelled more than 50,000 miles in search of new plants, travelling all over Europe, Australia, New Zealand and trips to the US.
Andy Smith, Head of Buying at Klondyke, said: “Our Plant Managers and Head Office team chose Wyevale Nurseries as our 2017 Plant Supplier of the Year, due to the great quality plants and fantastic level of service they provide. We have been working with Wyevale Nurseries for only a short time but have built up a fantastic relationship and look forward to developing this over the coming years.”
For more information:
Tel: 01432 845200
Fax: 01432 845227
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 09/19/2018 Ecuador: Breeders and growers open their doors
- 09/14/2018 Australia: Greenhouse growers tour Woolgoolga
- 09/14/2018 Colombia: 250 chrysanthemum varieties at Delishow 2018
- 09/14/2018 US (VA): Year-round greenhouse draws tourists' attention to family farm
- 09/12/2018 US (MI): Flower farms transform vacant lots on Detroit’s east side
- 09/12/2018 UK: HTA meets with Secretary of State to discuss water use by growers
- 09/10/2018 UK: Student wins SWGS Sponsored Scholarship
- 09/10/2018 CAN (ON): Farmer-florists are a growing trend
- 09/07/2018 US: Behind the scenes at Michigan greenhouses
- 09/06/2018 It’s Daylily Time
- 09/06/2018 "US: Ohio Greenhouse Awarded "Vendor of the Year"
- 09/05/2018 NL: Berg RoseS starts selling fresh wax roses
- 09/05/2018 Flores El Capiro celebrates 10 years of sending flowers by sea
- 09/05/2018 EU: Cold and warmth shortened garden orchid season
- 09/04/2018 Grower in the spotlight: the biggest calathea grower in the world
- 09/04/2018 Subsidiary Schroll Flowers to produce cannabis
- 09/04/2018 US (TX): First tulip festival in Waxahachie to benefit residents with IDD
- 09/03/2018 Take a peek into the world of this Colombian garden rose farm
- 09/03/2018 "Fast flowering makes helleborus more attractive to grow"
- 09/03/2018 NL: Stars-Plant spreads its wings