Job offersmore »
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
Last commentsmore »
- Influencing plant growth with LED light (1)
- Kenya: Mount Elgon Orchards expands with 2ha (1)
- Email Marketing for Professional Greenhouse Growers (1)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1225)
- "Plum Power forever" (19)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (240)
- "During the placement of outdoor screens we've had all types of weather conditions" (1)
- Kenya: Rimi Flora to triple in size (2)
- India: HollandDoor launches new three-year horticultural programme (1)
- Video: Floral Fantasia garden creation time-lapse (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Pakistan: Opportunities for floriculture and greenhouse techniques
- Italian floriculture finds international platform
- Ecuador eager to break Guinness record with huge rose pyramid
- Kenya: Crowdfunded solar panels provide 50% of rose grower’s energy
- North America: Beekenkamp and Syngenta combine poinsettia portfolio
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
June 12-14, Boskoop-Hazerswoude
NL: Garden Trials and Trade exhibits plant innovationsIn a short space of time, approximately 30 companies have become part of the new event Garden Trials and Trade 2018, which takes place on 12, 13 and 14 June. The range of participants is varied and both national and international. There are 11 companies from the Boskoop region and other participants from all parts of the Netherlands. International participants come from Germany, Switzerland and the US. This first edition therefore guarantees top innovations in the field of woody plants and perennials.
Garden Trials and Trade is aimed at all international professionals working in ornamental horticulture and retail. It is interesting for growers to see the latest novelties for the coming year and to gather information on cultivation techniques. Wholesalers and retailers can talk to breeders and get an idea of the trend-setting varieties and concepts for the season to come.
Participants are enthusiastic
One of the first companies to register was Salix nursery Bontekoe from Boskoop. Peter Bontekoe, director and owner, thinks it is important that this trade fair is organised in June. At that time, a lot of international visitors are already here for the Flower Trials. "You can take advantage of this and, at the same time, display the visual attractiveness of a number of products when they are at their best."
In June, Van Vliet New Plants from Stroe will submit a number of novelties for the showcase and also draw attention to various novelties that will come onto the market in 2020-2021. Peter Kroes, director of Van Vliet New Plants from Stroe: "Garden Trials and Trade is a trade fair at which we can assess which direction to take as a company over the coming years."
Erik van der Voort, co-owner of Amigra from Honselersdijk, is pleased that innovative production companies are also being given a platform and this is why Amigra is taking part.
Alex Schoenmaker Living Creations from Boskoop will not only present its new varieties of Hydrangea paniculata at Garden Trials and Trade but also the company's philosophy. Garden Trials and Trade offers the perfect opportunity for this. "New varieties attract a different kind of visitor and I was missing a platform on which I could present my new varieties and company," says Alex.
The website www.gardentrials.com is regularly updated with new information. All participants are providing a short summary of why participation in Garden Trials and Trade is important to them. The first series of five has already been posted.
Garden Trials and Trade will be held on 12, 13 and 14 June 2018, in the Plantarium building, Italiëlaan 4, 2391 PT Hazerswoude-Dorp. Entrance is free for trade visitors with the promotional ticket provided and/or digital pre-registration via www.gardentrials.com/entree-informatie.
Publication date: 4/11/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.