Job offersmore »
- CEO - Prague
- Plant Specialist - Melbourne, Australia
- General Manager European Region - Bologna, Italy
- Einkaufsverantwortlicher / Kundenbetreuer - Die Schweiz
- Continuous Improvement Specialist - Berkel en Rodenrijs, Nederland
- Innovation Leader - Johnston (Iowa), USA
- VP of Sales - Montreal, Canada
- IPM Consultant - Adelaide Plains, Australia
- National Nursery Manager - Australia
- Substrate Grower - Launceston CBD, Tasmania
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1077)
- India: "High potential for orchid cultivation in Odisha" (3)
- Ukraine: Flowers still popular despite high prices (1)
- Colombian plant growers to get nursery research center (3)
- UK: What's in season at the New Covent Garden Flower Market (12)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (106)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (9)
- Cut, stick and check with the new Cutting & Planting 1800 (1)
- "I tested my growing media, now what?" (5)
- Indian farmer successfully shifts to gerbera cultivation (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
"Simplifies processes, optimizes space, and saves labor"
Dümmen Orange presents new rooting technologyDümmen Orange presents Basewell, an innovative new technology that is the next step into the future of floriculture. Basewell technology utilizes an off-shore propagation process to deliver high quality bare-root cuttings directly to the grower.
A new product form, Basewell bare-root cuttings feature advanced root development and no growing media. This allows Basewell product to ship to growers from off-shore production locations, ready to transplant directly into the finish container. Perry Wismans, Global Head of Floriculture Innovation at Dümmen Orange, says, “We are excited to bring this innovation to the market. Dümmen Orange is setting the new industry standard for propagation, giving customers around the globe access to an improved supply chain.”
Basewell technology delivers multiple benefits for the grower:
- Simplifies processes: The bare-root cutting form allows the grower to order rooted product directly from the production farm, decreasing order lead time and maximizing flexibility in program planning.
- Optimizes space: The grower receives a product that is ready to transplant directly into the finished container. Consequently, more production turns can be completed and expensive propagation space can be converted into profit-generating finished production space.
- Saves labor: Basewell is available in two configurations, including full strips and individual cells that are compatible with automated sticking methods. The individual cells are also suitable for non-automated production, where workers can quickly transplant the product by hand into the finished container.
Available to ship for the 2019 season, growers in North America will have access to a wide range of crops. The technology will be expanded to more products and available in other regions in the coming years. Harry Kloppenburg, Chief Commercial Officer, says, “Basewell is a revolutionary technology that brings our customers more efficiency and more value. First, we launch this towards our North American customer base. In 2019, Basewell technology will become available in more regions, including Europe.”
Hans van den Heuvel, Managing Director R&D at Dümmen Orange, says, "We are very proud to launch Basewell. Several years of R&D investments in plant physiology have led to this innovative product form. The Basewell technology secures the resilience of a whole plant into a cutting.”
Basewell technology makes its debut to the North American market at the 2018 California Spring Trials, April 15-18 in San Luis Obispo, California. Growers can order a free trial to experience the benefits in their own production environments at Basewell.DummenOrange.com.
Publication date: 4/12/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.