Job offersmore »
- Business Operations Manager - Guyra, Australia
- Export Commercial Assistant - Barcelona, Spain
- Farm Construction Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Lemon/Citrus Packing-house Manager - Phoenix (AZ) USA
- Account-Manager - Wickede/Ruhr, Germany
- Grower for pot plant production - Tönisvorst - Germany
- Assistant Grower & Growers - Ohio, USA
- Fruit & vegetables Export-Import manager - Avignon or Perpignan, France
- Area Manager North Europe - Netherlands
- Area Sales Manager Oost Europa - Netherlands
Last commentsmore »
- Influencing plant growth with LED light (1)
- Kenya: Mount Elgon Orchards expands with 2ha (1)
- Email Marketing for Professional Greenhouse Growers (1)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1225)
- "Plum Power forever" (19)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (240)
- "During the placement of outdoor screens we've had all types of weather conditions" (1)
- Kenya: Rimi Flora to triple in size (2)
- India: HollandDoor launches new three-year horticultural programme (1)
- Video: Floral Fantasia garden creation time-lapse (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
- Pakistan: Opportunities for floriculture and greenhouse techniques
- Italian floriculture finds international platform
- Ecuador eager to break Guinness record with huge rose pyramid
- Kenya: Crowdfunded solar panels provide 50% of rose grower’s energy
- North America: Beekenkamp and Syngenta combine poinsettia portfolio
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
"Simplifies processes, optimizes space, and saves labor"
Dümmen Orange presents new rooting technologyDümmen Orange presents Basewell, an innovative new technology that is the next step into the future of floriculture. Basewell technology utilizes an off-shore propagation process to deliver high quality bare-root cuttings directly to the grower.
A new product form, Basewell bare-root cuttings feature advanced root development and no growing media. This allows Basewell product to ship to growers from off-shore production locations, ready to transplant directly into the finish container. Perry Wismans, Global Head of Floriculture Innovation at Dümmen Orange, says, “We are excited to bring this innovation to the market. Dümmen Orange is setting the new industry standard for propagation, giving customers around the globe access to an improved supply chain.”
Basewell technology delivers multiple benefits for the grower:
- Simplifies processes: The bare-root cutting form allows the grower to order rooted product directly from the production farm, decreasing order lead time and maximizing flexibility in program planning.
- Optimizes space: The grower receives a product that is ready to transplant directly into the finished container. Consequently, more production turns can be completed and expensive propagation space can be converted into profit-generating finished production space.
- Saves labor: Basewell is available in two configurations, including full strips and individual cells that are compatible with automated sticking methods. The individual cells are also suitable for non-automated production, where workers can quickly transplant the product by hand into the finished container.
Available to ship for the 2019 season, growers in North America will have access to a wide range of crops. The technology will be expanded to more products and available in other regions in the coming years. Harry Kloppenburg, Chief Commercial Officer, says, “Basewell is a revolutionary technology that brings our customers more efficiency and more value. First, we launch this towards our North American customer base. In 2019, Basewell technology will become available in more regions, including Europe.”
Hans van den Heuvel, Managing Director R&D at Dümmen Orange, says, "We are very proud to launch Basewell. Several years of R&D investments in plant physiology have led to this innovative product form. The Basewell technology secures the resilience of a whole plant into a cutting.”
Basewell technology makes its debut to the North American market at the 2018 California Spring Trials, April 15-18 in San Luis Obispo, California. Growers can order a free trial to experience the benefits in their own production environments at Basewell.DummenOrange.com.
Publication date: 4/12/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.