Job offersmore »
- Account Manager Foodservice en Groothandel DACH - Netherlands
- Business Development Manager - California
- Head of Sales North America - Sacramento (CA) USA
- Import Assistant and Operations Assistant - Netherlands
- Farms Director UK - South East
- Agronomist to work abroad
- Export salesperson GERMANY - Barcelona, Spain
- Account Manager Zachtfruit Scandinavië en Duitsland - Netherlands
- International Editor
- Experienced tomato grower - Angola
Last commentsmore »
- Women's Day: "Russian market is growing up" (37)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1174)
- "I tested my growing media, now what?" (11)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (175)
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (16)
- Sneak peek California Spring Trials 2018 (3)
- Milestones, lessons from California’s historic drought (34)
- Schroll is developing the hydrangea production in Portugal (2)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US: #FlowerMarketingMonday video series reaches thousandsAccording to Social Media Today, 90 percent of customers say videos help make buying decisions. This is the strategy behind the American Floral Endowment's (AFE's) #FlowerMarketingMonday weekly video series, which has reached more than 30,000 consumers in its few weeks.
The video series that kicked off in mid-April, and continues through December 2018, features a weekly flower marketing video for the floral industry to use to promote everyday flower buying, holidays, and special life moments. This campaign follows other successful efforts and programs the organization has created to support industry growth, including studies to Marketing to Millennials, Internship programs to bring top talent to the industry, and even a How-To Guide to selling on Pinterest.
The first few videos in the series each received more than 10,000 views, and have also been shared and watched globally through Twitter, YouTube, Vimeo and other outlets.
The videos have received a positive response from industry members.
Tim Galea, President of Norton’s Flower with floral shops in Michigan responded, “It is exciting to see AFE’s new marketing initiative! A fun and consistent message about the joy of flowers is just what our industry needs!”
Retailers are especially encouraged to use these free and fun marketing videos to increase their online marketing presence and to promote buying local.
In all, over 50 videos are set to be released in 2018, and every video can be downloaded, personalized and re-posted on industry members’ websites and social media platforms. The video library will continue to grow throughout the year and the videos can be used at any time.
Mark Anderson, Owner of FloristWare, shared his appreciation for AFE’s efforts: “When everybody was concerned about the sympathy side of the business AFE came out with their great report on successfully working with funeral directors. When we all started worrying about how to reach millennials and the flower buyers of the future they provided study results and resources to do that.
Now, they come through yet again, this time with an amazing series of fun videos that florists can use free of charge to promote flowers and their businesses. It’s impossible to imagine how any single retail shop could produce a series of videos like this but, thanks to AFE they don’t have to.
FloristWare is proud to be a supporter of AFE. Every vendor that cares about this industry should be.”
For more information
American Floral Endowment
T: +1 (703) 838-5211
Publication date: 5/15/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.