- Grower - Australia
- Director of Marketing & Communications - Summerland (BC), Canada
- Lead Auditor
- Quality Assurance Team EA Region - Antwerp - Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Medior Sales Engineer - Netherlands
- General Manager Australia
- Chief plant protection agronomist
- Сhief agronomist
- Head of Sales for Mexico and Latin America
- Finance Manager for a Leading International Fresh Produce Business
- Australia: Opportunity to comment on national tree standard revision (1)
- Schroll is developing the hydrangea production in Portugal (3)
- US: AFE educational grant applications due June 1 (2)
- "Plenty of opportunities to expand markets outside Russia's major cities" (1)
- Coloured by Gerbera presents new assortment (1)
- "Customers are looking for different shades of red roses" (1)
- US: Is the era of thermal transfer printers over? (2)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (46)
- Southern hemisphere's largest solar water heating facility at LVG Plants (1)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (1)
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last month
Top 5 -last week
- UK: A day in the life of florist Mark Welford
- Turkey: 1.1 billion USD exports from West Mediterranean region of Turkey so far in 2018
- US (FL): Ball Seed moves garden mum production in partnership with Syngenta
- India: Orchid cultivators file criminal complaint
- Certified American Grown Leadership invited to White House Economic Summit
US: #FlowerMarketingMonday video series reaches thousands
The video series that kicked off in mid-April, and continues through December 2018, features a weekly flower marketing video for the floral industry to use to promote everyday flower buying, holidays, and special life moments. This campaign follows other successful efforts and programs the organization has created to support industry growth, including studies to Marketing to Millennials, Internship programs to bring top talent to the industry, and even a How-To Guide to selling on Pinterest.
The first few videos in the series each received more than 10,000 views, and have also been shared and watched globally through Twitter, YouTube, Vimeo and other outlets.
The videos have received a positive response from industry members.
Tim Galea, President of Norton’s Flower with floral shops in Michigan responded, “It is exciting to see AFE’s new marketing initiative! A fun and consistent message about the joy of flowers is just what our industry needs!”
Retailers are especially encouraged to use these free and fun marketing videos to increase their online marketing presence and to promote buying local.
In all, over 50 videos are set to be released in 2018, and every video can be downloaded, personalized and re-posted on industry members’ websites and social media platforms. The video library will continue to grow throughout the year and the videos can be used at any time.
Mark Anderson, Owner of FloristWare, shared his appreciation for AFE’s efforts: “When everybody was concerned about the sympathy side of the business AFE came out with their great report on successfully working with funeral directors. When we all started worrying about how to reach millennials and the flower buyers of the future they provided study results and resources to do that.
Now, they come through yet again, this time with an amazing series of fun videos that florists can use free of charge to promote flowers and their businesses. It’s impossible to imagine how any single retail shop could produce a series of videos like this but, thanks to AFE they don’t have to.
FloristWare is proud to be a supporter of AFE. Every vendor that cares about this industry should be.”
For more information
American Floral Endowment
T: +1 (703) 838-5211
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 10/17/2018 US (FL): Jet Fresh Flower creates preserved rose pink ribbon
- 10/16/2018 US (FL): Dewar Nurseries launches new family-owned brand: Elizabeth & Alexandra
- 10/15/2018 Home Garden Conference: how to reach the next generations?
- 10/12/2018 Tour operator births horticultural tourism in Kenya
- 10/11/2018 The changing face of plant retail
- 10/10/2018 Winners of first American Grown Flowers Month merchandising contest announced
- 10/10/2018 Bringing garden benefits to America’s most vulnerable children
- 10/10/2018 New export platform for Belgian agricultural products
- 10/08/2018 Pyracantha: October Garden Plant of the Month
- 10/08/2018 Rose Parade efforts in full swing
- 10/08/2018 US (MI): Spring Meadow raises $1 million for cancer cure
- 10/08/2018 American Flowers Week 2019 branding unveiled
- 10/05/2018 OZ Planten's Nathan & Elfrieda prepare for construction trip to Guatemala
- 10/05/2018 Ethiopia: OVC Center inaugurated in Koka
- 10/04/2018 US (FL): Jet Fresh opens doors and supports breast cancer awareness
- 10/02/2018 US (FL): A traffic manager’s perspective on flowers
- 10/02/2018 Flower Council of Holland launches new campaign
- 09/28/2018 “You don’t necessarily need a professional photo studio”
- 09/27/2018 US: 2nd annual #FlowerLoveVideoContest kicks off October 1
- 09/26/2018 Grow & Drop in Pots to help growers and retailers score big this holiday season