Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Last commentsmore »
- Bidens & Calibrachoa take center stage at Danziger Flower Trials display (7)
- US (OK): Specialty crop grants available (7)
- Anthura reintroduces Cypripedium in Switzerland (7)
- US (CA): Flower farms threatened by fires (7)
- Guatemala: Dümmen Orange worried about missing employees (12)
- Why B.C.’s floriculture industry is blooming in challenging times (12)
- China: Oboya signs broad cooperation agreement (16)
- Sneak peek California Spring Trials (13)
- Australia: Pesticide usage and effective phytotoxicity management (13)
- Little robot looks after plants (12)
Top 5 - yesterday
- No news has been published yesterday.
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- US (SD): Family reflects on 47 years in the greenhouse business
- Denmark: New series of bio roses named with champagne
- Cool night temperatures induce crown buds in garden mums
- Pakistan: Opportunities for floriculture and greenhouse techniques
- Australia: "Imported flowers carry pests that risk agriculture industries"
Exchange ratesmore »
Hydrangea paniculata 'Breg14' (Polestar) best Garden Trials noveltyHydrangea paniculata 'Breg14' (Polestar) has been voted Best Novelty at Garden Trials and Trade 2018. The plant was submitted by Breedersplants VOF, Gouda.
"Hydrangea pan. 'Breg14' is a very early blooming Dharuma crossbreed. Very well cultivated and presented. Flowers very abundantly. Does not seem to be invasive", according to the jury. "The light green colour of the flowers is a definite innovation." The jury also awarded five silver and six bronze medals.
28 plants judged
At the first edition of Garden Trials and Trade, 31 plants were submitted for the novelty showcase. Ultimately, 28 of these were judged. The novelties are judged by a professional judging committee from the Koninklijke Vereniging voor Boskoopse Culturen (The Royal Society for Boskoop Cultures).
The first edition of Garden Trials and Trade is being held from 12 to 14 June 2018 in the Plantarium building at the International Trade Centre in Hazerswoude-Dorp. The opening hours are from 09:00 to 18:00 on each day. Sufficient parking spaces (free parking) are available close to the trade fair location. Entry is free for trade visitors with a promotional ticket and/or through digital pre-registration via www.gardentrials.com.
Publication date: 6/13/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.