Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Last commentsmore »
- Eurovision winner to baptize Jamala tulip at Flower Expo Ukraine (1)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1230)
- Cool night temperatures induce crown buds in garden mums (1)
- Kenya: Cut flower exports up 16 percent (1)
- Fertil improves its biodegradable pots (1)
- Daylily flowers help China's anti-poverty campaign to bloom (2)
- Parfum Flower Company organizes trip to Kenya for florists (1)
- Hydrangea Runaway Bride 'Snow White' named Plant of the Year (1)
- Influencing plant growth with LED light (1)
- Kenya: Mount Elgon Orchards expands with 2ha (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Perry van der Haak:
NL: New level of automation reached in new facilities Dutch geranium grower
Perry van der Haak is a family owned business that produces young seedlings, primarily of geraniums, which they supply to the European market. The grower has 20 hectares production area in Africa, and another two locations in the Netherlands. One of them consists of two hectares of production area, the other one has recently been added and measures three hectares. Codema designed, developed and delivered the entire cultivation system for this new location.
Codema was already involved in the process before the greenhouse was built. Perry: "At this nursery, we did have some doubts about whether to choose between growing on concrete or by means of a roll container system. We chose for the latter, however, we did have a number of specific wishes regarding its implementation. For example, we wanted more (walking) space between the rails. We also wanted to have speed limits higher than usual. Codema was able to meet those wishes and to achieve the speeds we required.”
Lifts, wash units and overhead cranes
The video shows how containers are filled with pots by robots and transported to a wash unit via a self-propelled drive. After humidification, the containers are moved, where a vehicle can load the containers. The container lift takes the containers to the second layer, which serves as a buffer path for sorting. Every container is registered via the SDF control panel, so that when searching for the right plant parties, the right orders can also be realized.
The sorted containers from the hot section and the cold section are moved on to the mixing department. There containers can be emptied and plants buffered on stack carts. Through assignments from the SDF software, the overhead crane can place the empty containers as efficiently as possible.
For more information:
Codema Systems Group
2661 EP Bergschenhoek
The NetherlandsT: +31105212755
Publication date: 8/7/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.