Job offersmore »
- Hydroponic Crop Manager - Tahiti
- Manager Operational Excellence - El Salvador
- Area Manager North Europe - The Netherlands
- Senior Veredelaar Bloemen
- Consultant - Head of Sales or Greenhouse Owner
- Consultant - Head Grower of Greenhouse
- IPM Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Labor Manager - Mona (Utah) USA
- Assistant Farm Manager - Australia
- New Product Development Assistant Manager
Last commentsmore »
- Eurovision winner to baptize Jamala tulip at Flower Expo Ukraine (1)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1230)
- Cool night temperatures induce crown buds in garden mums (1)
- Kenya: Cut flower exports up 16 percent (1)
- Fertil improves its biodegradable pots (1)
- Daylily flowers help China's anti-poverty campaign to bloom (2)
- Parfum Flower Company organizes trip to Kenya for florists (1)
- Hydrangea Runaway Bride 'Snow White' named Plant of the Year (1)
- Influencing plant growth with LED light (1)
- Kenya: Mount Elgon Orchards expands with 2ha (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
August 3, Homer
US: Field to Vase Dinner returns to Alaska in 2019The 2017 American Grown Field to Vase Dinner in Homer, Alaska was one for the memory books, and the dinner tour will be returning to Alaska in 2019.
Photo by Joshua Veldstra Photography
The American Grown Field to Vase Dinner Tour will head to Joslyn Peonies in Homer on Saturday August 3, 2019. There guests will dine in a park-like setting on this 24-acre farm that features a 3-acre lawn, incredible views of Kachemak Bay, the entrance to the Cook Inlet and the awe-inspiring views of Alaska’s majestic Kenai mountain range.
Homer, Alaska is home to a number of beautiful peony farms. Guests will enjoy a tour of Josyln Peony Farm and the opportunity to tour a number of others during an elective excursion the following day.
Flower farmer Betty Joslyn grows 16 varieties of peonies in white, blush, pink and red – but mostly white for their ethereal quality and appeal to brides.
The farm includes two barns, his and hers, each with unique features that make the farm perfect for events.
Betty can’t wait to share the farm and it’s 6,000 peony plants with American Grown Field to Vase Dinner guests. In fact, she’s already envisioning it and making plans.
Click here for more information and to register.
Publication date: 8/8/2018
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.