Job offersmore »
- Inside Sales Coordinator - USA
- Sales Engineer, Water - The Netherlands
- Crop care supervisor - Australia
- Nursery Systems Manager - Australia
- GENERAL / FARM MANAGER - India
- Grower / Ag scientist - Australia
- Technical/ Product Representative, Russia
- Technical/ Product Representative, India
- Retail Chain Manager - Russia
- Business Advisor - China
Last commentsmore »
- Terra Nova Nurseries introduces heat-loving heucherella variety (10)
- For sale: 10 brand new Cummins natural gas generators (7)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (601)
- Milestones, lessons from California’s historic drought (11)
- "Plum Power forever" (6)
- Dutch grower supplies plants to world's biggest cruise ship (12)
Top 5 - yesterday
- "Better shelf life, bigger and whiter flowers"
- US: Relief efforts underway for hurricane-impacted florists
- Best practices for commercial greenhouse construction projects
- Fresh Market Conference in Warsaw draws more international visitors
- Frans-Peter Dechering Commercial Director at Schoneveld Breeding
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
Use of coating requires tailor-made adviceFor every type of crop it is important to create an optimal climate year-round to constantly achieve the maximum yield and quality. A coating on the greenhouse roof can be a good tool for this. However, there is a large range of coatings available and these can also be applied in different thicknesses. So it’s important to know what suits your crop, greenhouse and location.
Mardenkro values the correct use of their ReduSystems coatings. This started when they introduced ReduSol; together with the grower they figured out what the optimal thickness of the layer (shade percentage) should be and the best time to apply and remove the coating. Over the years many more types of coatings have been added making it is increasingly difficult for a grower choosing the right one or how to use them. This was why Mardenkro decided to work more intensively with crop advisors.
After the launch of ReduFuse Mardenkro set up its own consultancy service. In cooperation with external crop advisors this department distributes knowledge about how to use coatings and their influence on climatic conditions in the greenhouse both internally and worldwide. This includes the greenhouse temperature, CO2 level, humidity and light (amount, light colours, diffusion).
The advice given by Mardenkro reaches all corners of the globe. They have to take into account many different climate conditions worldwide of which each climate requires a different approach when using the coatings. First they always consider the crop that is in the greenhouse. Each crop and even variety has its own light and heat requirement. To combine all these factors into advice they developed the ReduWizard.
ReduWizard gives you advice about which coating best suits your crop. Based on the extensive climate database that records climate data from thousands of locations around the world, it decides which product is most suitable for your crop, region and greenhouse type.
There are however situations for which the ReduWizard is unable to offer a good solution. For example, for a specific variety of rose, which responds differently to certain light colours, or a tomato crop grown under artificial lights which sometimes requires a certain coating to help it get through the summer. In cases like that you can always contact Mardenkro; together with you, and possibly the crop advisor, they will find for the most suitable shading strategy for your situation.
For more information
Mardenkro The Netherlands
5111 PS Baarle-Nassau
T: +31 (0)13 507 70 69
Publication date: 12/9/2016
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.