Job offersmore »
- Engineer support in agricultural sciences - Switzerland
- Farm Manager - Perth, Western Australia
- Expansion manager
- Horticultural Specialist - Emeryville (CA) USA
- Sales Manager Europe Division
- Grower - Delta, (OH) USA
- Export Sales - Perth, Australia
- Production Manager Indonesia - Magelang/Central Java, Indonesia
- Director ASIA Research Station Operations - Bangkok, Thailand
- Spécialiste Technique et commercial Biocontrôle pour l’Ouest de la France
Last commentsmore »
- "25% annual production growth Mexican phalaenopsis" (34)
- Dancing in a Dutch orchid greenhouse (1)
- UK: What's in season at the New Covent Garden Flower Market (21)
- "I tested my growing media, now what?" (17)
- Germany: Landgard begins marketing offensive for “Frag die Pflanze” (2)
- From Kilimanjaro to Perligran (1)
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (1226)
- Could this be Ethiopia's new dawn? (7)
- Stone paper to substitute plastic? (1)
- Will sea freight be an alternative to Latin American air freight? (241)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
January 31 - February 1, 2017
Germany: 'Local plant fair Der Grune Daumen a hit'
Emsflower is organizing Der Grune Daumen for the second time. The large nursery, located just across the border from Hengelo, The Netherlands, is making its space available for growers, technology and other supplying companies to present their range, products and services.
Images from last year. Photo credits: Jan Marijnis (bottom left)
"The first edition was a success, with a great turnout of both exhibitors and visitors," says Jan Marijnis. With colleague Jeroen Kooiman of FloraHolland’s Personal Sales team and, of course, Emsflower, they are the initiators of this garden plant fair. "There were even some growers that said: If they do this again next year, then we'll forget about the IPM Essen."
This can be attributed to the local character, the targeted visitors and the fact that some actual business is conducted. Growers from the region especially welcomed the initiative. "Many regions like Boskoop and Zundert already have their own trade fair, but this region didn’t. While this region has a sizable pot plant and particularly tree nursery sector. This fair changes that."
Trade show floor
The regional component is catching on, but there is room for expansion. For example, Jan, quite at home in the German tree nursery sector, invited a whole bunch of growers from northern Germany (Westerstede region). He is hopeful that some of them will show.
Der Grune Daumen - 'Green Thumb' in German - is supposed to contribute to the promotion of the northeastern region. The fair is also a great opportunity to check out one of the world's largest pot and bedding plant nurseries where, besides thousands of meters of glass, you’ll also find a restaurant, playground, a tropical and cactus garden and a butterfly garden.
Click here for a short photo report from last year
The trade fair will take place on Tuesday 31 January and Wednesday 1 February and will be open daily from 9 to 16 hours. The list of participants is ardently being worked on. This will hopefully be published on Emsflower’s website in the second week of January.
Click here for more information or contact Jan Marijnis by email or +31 (0) 6 13538097.
Publication date: 12/23/2016
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.