Job offersmore »
- Business Development Manager – US
- Export Sales Manager grapes and citrus
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Spain
- Sales Consultant Fertilizers Italy
- eine/n Verkaufsleiter/in Europa
- Professional greenhouse grower - United States
- Sales Manager - Netherlands
- Sales Assistant - Netherlands
- Logistic Coordinator - Netherlands
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (440)
- Photoreport: Horticontact (1)
- Veiling Rhein-Maas expands Premium Quality label to lilies (3)
- US (FL): Bromeliad expert about hybridyzing bromeliads (1)
- India: "High potential for orchid cultivation in Odisha" (1)
- "Fight against thrips is not only won above ground" (1)
- Cyberflora marks new era in digital trade fairs (1)
- Canada: Propagator Bevo Farms now offering Sedum Tiles (1)
- Kenya: Senate probes working conditions on flower farms (1)
- Weight, drain and real time plant activity analysis become grower's sixth sense (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US: New videos promote AFE's Ball internship programAFE has announced the release of three new videos promoting the Vic & Margaret Ball Intern Scholarship Program.
This paid internship program gives students, who are studying floriculture or horticulture at a college or university, the opportunity to train for three, four or six months at a commercial production greenhouse or nursery.
Students will gain hands-on experience and put their classroom knowledge to work.
The student video shares students’ successful internship experiences and testimonials on how the program helped them in their careers.
The employer video encourages companies to participate in the program by becoming a host employer. This video explains the benefits of hosting an intern, and shows how AFE helps companies train the next generation of industry leaders.
The parent video explains to parents what an internship can do for their children’s future. They will learn more about the program and how AFE provides students with valuable experiences.
In 1992, Vic and Margaret Ball made a generous donation to AFE to establish the Vic & Margaret Ball Intern Scholarship Program to help ensure successful future generations of horticulture professionals.
Students must apply for these internships by the March 1 or October 1 deadline, but interested companies can apply anytime to become a host employer.
Publication date: 1/4/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.