Job offersmore »
- Commercieel Logistiek/Inkoop medewerker - Aalsmeer, NL
- Manager/Director R&D Operations - Japan
- Senior Grower – Tomatoes, Australia
- Sales Manager - Europe
- Distribution Manager - Fort Worth DC, TX USA
- Greenhouse supervisor - Lisianthus propagator
- Technical Sales Representative - Canada
- Export Project Manager - Bergschenhoek
- Senior Technical Manager – United Kingdom
- In-House Horticultural Consultant - Lodi, OH
Last commentsmore »
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US: New videos promote AFE's Ball internship programAFE has announced the release of three new videos promoting the Vic & Margaret Ball Intern Scholarship Program.
This paid internship program gives students, who are studying floriculture or horticulture at a college or university, the opportunity to train for three, four or six months at a commercial production greenhouse or nursery.
Students will gain hands-on experience and put their classroom knowledge to work.
The student video shares students’ successful internship experiences and testimonials on how the program helped them in their careers.
The employer video encourages companies to participate in the program by becoming a host employer. This video explains the benefits of hosting an intern, and shows how AFE helps companies train the next generation of industry leaders.
The parent video explains to parents what an internship can do for their children’s future. They will learn more about the program and how AFE provides students with valuable experiences.
In 1992, Vic and Margaret Ball made a generous donation to AFE to establish the Vic & Margaret Ball Intern Scholarship Program to help ensure successful future generations of horticulture professionals.
Students must apply for these internships by the March 1 or October 1 deadline, but interested companies can apply anytime to become a host employer.
Publication date: 1/4/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.