Job offersmore »
- Global Segment Marketing Manager Vegetables
- Agronomist or Agricultural Engineer in Luxembourg or Georgia
- Nursery Project Coordinator Luxembourg
- Sales and Customer Support - New Zealand
- General Manager - Ontario
- SALES MANAGER - France
- KEY ACCOUNT MANAGER (Fresh Cut) – France
- Marketing Manager - Beamsville, Ontario, Canada
- Key Account Manager Horticulture LED - Netherlands
- European Sales Manager – Based London or Europe
Last commentsmore »
- India: Government gives 50% subsidy on a poly house (407)
- Kenya: Senate probes working conditions on flower farms (1)
- Weight, drain and real time plant activity analysis become grower's sixth sense (1)
- Terra Nova offers sneak peek of 'peacock tail' begonia (1)
- Romania: Flower demand up for Valentine’s Day, Dragobete (1)
- Florists wanted for British Flowers Week photoshoot (1)
- Roses Forever's new spray rose remembers John Williams (1)
- Second edition Flower Expo Poland now open for registration (1)
- Ethiopia: "Employees are our most valuable assets" (1)
- Taiwan: Taichung to host flora expo in 2018 (1)
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
Exchange ratesmore »
US: New videos promote AFE's Ball internship programAFE has announced the release of three new videos promoting the Vic & Margaret Ball Intern Scholarship Program.
This paid internship program gives students, who are studying floriculture or horticulture at a college or university, the opportunity to train for three, four or six months at a commercial production greenhouse or nursery.
Students will gain hands-on experience and put their classroom knowledge to work.
The student video shares students’ successful internship experiences and testimonials on how the program helped them in their careers.
The employer video encourages companies to participate in the program by becoming a host employer. This video explains the benefits of hosting an intern, and shows how AFE helps companies train the next generation of industry leaders.
The parent video explains to parents what an internship can do for their children’s future. They will learn more about the program and how AFE provides students with valuable experiences.
In 1992, Vic and Margaret Ball made a generous donation to AFE to establish the Vic & Margaret Ball Intern Scholarship Program to help ensure successful future generations of horticulture professionals.
Students must apply for these internships by the March 1 or October 1 deadline, but interested companies can apply anytime to become a host employer.
Publication date: 1/4/2017
Other news in this sector:
Leave a comment: (max. 500 characters)
- All comments which are not related to the article contents will be removed.
- All comments with non-related commercial content, will be removed.
- All comments with offensive language, will be removed.